Bottomless Bubbles?

mabkcruisers

We have cruised before but not with Carnival. We always buy the soda package (it's a necessity for us) and are used to the refillable mugs that other lines give you. Does Carnival offer the same thing or do you just get a new glass each time? I didn't see anything on their website about it.

We have cruised before but not with Carnival. We always buy the soda package (it's a necessity for us) and are used to the refillable mugs that other lines give you. Does Carnival offer the same thing or do you just get a new glass each time? I didn't see anything on their website about it.

Yes you get a refillable insulated mug with a lid. A tip, buy after your ship leaves port and you do not pay taxes on it. Buy it before or while at port and you pay states sales tax on it.

You can purchase a plastic tumbler for $4.75 or just get a new glass. The glasses on the Lido deck are small clear plastic ones that never seem to hit the spot if your thirsty, the bars away from the Lido deck serve them up in bigger glasses. I've gotten the tumblers before but got tired of carrying them around the ship. It just seems easy to get get a new one to me.

Thanks for the help. The CC link to the program was great. We may have to think twice about purchasing this time, since it sounds like the soda is from a can.

All soda on Carnival is from a can. If you just buy a Coke, they bring you the glass and the can. With the program, you just get the glass.

What ship are you sailing? Because, since the Liberty got the upgrades - the Red Frog and Blue Iguana - those 2 bars serve it from the fountain. It took me a couple of days to realize this. I never liked the taste of my Diet Coke on Lido, but when I would get it elsewhere, it was good. I, finally, started paying attention and noticed they had the fountain hoses on Lido. I would have to go all the way to the aft bar to get my drink. Plus, when I was on Liberty, in December, they were using a larger plastic cup than the ones they used on previous cruises. And, IMO, the tumbler, they sale, which I bought, didn't seem to hold as much as the larger cups they were using. By mid week, I just kept getting a new glass. So, if you are sailing the newer ships, the Liberty or after the next few ships get their upgrades, you'll be able to get it from a fountain.

I personally prefer to get a new glass each time so I don't have to tote around some mug and can just leave the glass when I am done. We have had no trouble with the soda card on any Carnival ship; bartenders are always nice and servers will even bring you a soda.

I personally prefer to get a new glass each time so I don't have to tote around some mug and can just leave the glass when I am done. We have had no trouble with the soda card on any Carnival ship; bartenders are always nice and servers will even bring you a soda.

I use the mug or tumbler, drink a little, add my Captain Morgan, gently stir.:D

We use the insulated drink holder carnival sells during the day while in the sun on the lido deck.

At night we just get a new glass each time and put the empty down when finished. Waiters did not seem to care if it was an order with the sticker or not.

Archived