Blount Grande Mariner

We are looking at this ship for a trip out of Belize. It is certainly "non-traditional" so I hope I have the right forum. Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, Although this board does not get much attention, It may be the logical board for this cruise http://blountsmallshipadventures.com/only-blount/. My guess is that you should also post it on "all other cruise lines" where it will get more attention. It looks interesting.

i have sailed on vessels they have built. I think they are a good company. If you search cruise critic you can find a blog from someone who cruised with them two years ago, and had a good time. It appears tp be not luxury travel, but comfortable and friendly. The voyage in question was from Rhode Island to Quebec in the summer. I suspect that even with a different itinerary it would be the same kind of service.

• 2 weeks later...

they are very basic, steel cots for beds, the boats are not really good on the ocean more for river cruising ..it gets quite bumpy on the open seas

food was good and served family style that is the best part

very casual dress code

think camping on the water;)

• 2 months later...

My husband and I took the Belize cruise a bunch of years ago and loved it. Our boat sailed out of Belize city, to Guatemala and back. This is a great itinerary for a water lover as we had opportunities to swim/snorkle/beach comb just about every day. My husband brought his fishing equipment and fished while I swam.

As LHT wrote, the cabins are very spartan. We had cots with a small metal night table in between. The bathrooms have a sink and toilet and, when you want to shower, you drawer a curtain around you and shower standing between the sink and toilet. Very unusual experience LOL

For us it was one of our best and I'd repeat it in a heartbeat.

Archived