Looking for a good Hotel in Barcelona

Ladyhawk5

My husband and I will be traveling to Barcelona in Oct. to sail on the Allure on a transatlantic cruise.

Anybody have any suggestions for a hotel? We would like to stay in Sant Antoni, El Raval or in that vicinity. We don't want to spend a fortune and if possible like to keep the nightly rate for 2 around $150.00 US dollars for a clean nice place. Any comments would be appreciated, our first trip to Spain.

OH, I didn't know there was a forum for Spain ports, thanks! :) I will take a look.

we stayed at Hotel Do, one block off the Rambla. Very romantic. Take the Hop On/Hop Off bus for a quick round trip tour where you can get off and on where you like all day.

We stayed at Hotel Regina, El Triangle, Barcelona which is a 20 second walk to the starting point of Las Ramblas street. We were here for 1 night before our cruise.

We loved this hotel. It was so close to Las Ramblas without having to pay the prices that most hotels on Ramblas command. The rooms were modern and huge! Plenty of bars and restaurants around. Close to all major attractions and close to the ship terminal as well (we took a taxi from hotel to port and were there in 15-20 mins)

Barcelona is amazing. Spain is Amazing. Personally my favorite city and port in Europe.

It might not be in your price range, but we absolutely love Suites Avenue. This summer will be our third stay there. Perfect location, very modern, and they are apartments so all the amenities. Outside of your original vicinity, though.

We are also on Allure in October. We've book Room Mate Pau at the top of La Ramblas. Very modern, updated hotel and we paid $196.00 per night, which is quite reasonable for Barcelona. We booked it through Expedia.

We have stayed at Hotel Indigo a few times - great hotel and location, steps from amazing restaurants (Tapas 24 was a real highlight for me, we went twice) and shopping.

I have also stayed at Ayre Rossellon for work quite a few times - right next to sagrada familia, with a rooftop bar and pool with views of the cathedral.

My husband and I will be traveling to Barcelona in Oct. to sail on the Allure on a transatlantic cruise.

Anybody have any suggestions for a hotel? We would like to stay in Sant Antoni, El Raval or in that vicinity. We don't want to spend a fortune and if possible like to keep the nightly rate for 2 around $150.00 US dollars for a clean nice place. Any comments would be appreciated, our first trip to Spain.

We stayed at H-10 Hotel in Barcelona. It was about a 25E cab ride from the airport and about 15E to the pier. It is just down the street from the Gaudi Cathedral and easy access to the subway. Make sure you spend at least one day exploring Barcelona. We got the hotel on Priceline.

Flor Parks Hotel http://www.hotel-flor-parks.com/ is on Las Ramblas in Barcelona and has great reviews http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d234568-Reviews-Flor_Parks_Hotel-Barcelona_Catalonia.html We stayed there a few years ago and enjoyed the hotel and great location. Lots of action, shopping, Mercado http://www.boqueria.info/mercat-benvinguts.php and restaurants. We also took the double decker bus tour hop on hop off tour http://www.hop-on-hop-off-bus.com/barcelona-bus-tours and enjoyed it very much. I also enjoyed shopping and markets http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/shopping/barcelona-market.html a good way to sample sangria, chocolate, and local flavors.

I have stayed at Hotel Gaudi off of Las Ramblas. Nice basic hotel, clean and under $150.00

We stayed at Hotal Ingleterra near Placards Catalunya and the top of the Ramblas. Really wonderful hotel with an excellent breakfast option. However it may be out of the price range. Barcelona is an expensive city in terms of hotel rates.

We stayed here as well when we returned back to Barcelona. We loved this as well as the Hotel Do, but both were expensive but right in the middle of the action.