Travelling 12th March??

Kevinac

Anyone travelling 12th March and boarding Island Star.

This is our very first cruise - we were going to Maldives but changed last minute for this cruise.. To be honest it was to save money as well.

Thought cruise might be good especially to Caribbean.

Has anyone been before on the star - I have read some really bad revues which have me extemely worried - even though a holiday is what you make it - Please advise so we can make the best of it.

Our flight is out of Gatwick with Virgin Atlantic so hands up who's going?

We've already been! We did the same itinerary as yours but over Christmas and New Year.

Don't believe everything you read on other forums - as you say, a holiday is what you make it and I truly believe that the Island Star has something to offer every taste. Please read the reviews posted under the 'Caribbean Dec 18th to Jan 2nd' post. There is a lot of information there that you will find useful

I have to say that around the pool area can be a bit like Butlins - I hate it yet I absolutely love sailing on the Star - we've been on it 6 times I think (!?) and the Island Escape 3 times, so it can't all be bad. If you prefer it to be a little quieter, try the decks at the back of the ship below the Beachcomber Restaurant - our favourite was deck 8 - we could always find sunloungers there and you couldn't hear the razmatazz at all - but then again, you might prefer it lively - like I say, there's something for everyone.

As for during the evening, The Pub and the Bounty Club tend to be the rowdiest bars, whereas the Captains Club is the quietest.

Have a wonderful time - I wish I could have one last cruise on her before she is returned to Royal Caribbean!!!

Many thanks for the comments. Helps a lot. Mind you I read that there are only about 4 days at sea and the rest in ports - as long as I can find somewhere to dive and snorkel I will be happy - I guess it will take a little getting used to but hope it will be an enjoyable rest.

I think it's all the negative reports that put you off? But we got those about the Maldives and never had a bad time there. Thanks for the advise We'll certainly take you up on the quiter areas. Might try some noisy ones - never know might like it for a change.

I'll wish the Star well for you when I'm on her.

Thanks

Kevin

Archived