Bora Bora Best Excursions

Hi!

I'm in july,16 Tahitian Princess cruise. I've learn a lot from this board but I did't make my mind about which is the best option in Bora Bora.

All Tahitian Experts: I'm wating your opinion!

Thank you!

We did the 4x4 jeep tour on Bora Bora and LOVED IT!!

You got to visit many sites you can only see when traveling in a 4x4. It was, however, very BUMPY (which we loved)!

We booked this though Princess. IT WAS GREAT!!

Thank you Joyce, but what about those gourgeos lagoons and white sand beaches... just postcards? you recomend any special beach or a sunset cruise?

The 4x4 took us around the island, also. We got to stop at Bloody Mary's for a drink. Passed many of the beautiful beaches. Most of the hotels DO NOT welcome cruisers.

Did not go on a sunset cruise and didn't hear about them from others.

We also did the 4x4 tour and it was fabulous!!!! I can not recommend it enough - hubby and I agree it was probably the best excursion of the entire cruise.

If the itineary hasn't changed from last year, you should be in Bora Bora two days. We did the 4x4 tour one day and a snorkeling excursion the next day.

Voyager of the Seas - 05/04

Tahitian Princess - 10/03 (Our Honeymoon)

Carnival Paradise - 08/02

Having spent 7 days there on the TP on 3 previuos cruises here are some of the stuff we have done. We have done wave runners twice, rented motorcycles and circled the island, dove 3 times with Top Dive, and have done 2 Motu picnic which included, shark feeding, manta rey snorkeling, and sting rey feedings.

If your not a certified diver I would do the Motu Picnic.

When the ship arrives in the lagoon on the first day you can book all of these excusions at the warf where the tenders dock. You'll save money. We like to use Top Dive to book all our excursions on Bora Bora, they are good people!!

You can check out some of our photos at:

Tahiti photos

We will be back for our fourth cruise in October.

Richard

Norwegian Dream Mediterranean/Holy Lands 10/99

Carnival Holiday Ensenada 1/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 10/00

Renaissance R4 Tahiti 4/01

Windspirit Costa Rica 1/02

Windsurf Southern Caribbean 1/03

Tahitian Princess Tahiti 10/03

Dawn Princess Southern Caribbean 4/04

10/14/04 Tahitian Princess Polynesia/Cook Islands

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

12/23/04 Dawn Princess Western Caribbean Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Richard, did you book the motu picnic on Bora Bora at Top Dive also? Thanks! And see you in October. icon_wink.gif

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

Hi Toto,

We booked the Motu Picnic with TOP DIVE in advance by email on our first 2 trips to Bora Bora. On our cruise in October of last year we only booked diving, however some of the CC group we were with got off the ship on the first day and booked the Motu picnic for the next day on warf with Top Dive which had a booth set up there at the Warf. They loved it. Having done Marc's on Huahine this is even BETTER, especially if you love to swim, the food was the best, we ate with leaf plates, it was great. The shark feed was unbelieveable. They set up a rope in the lagoon, we all get out in the water, they throw out some chum, and all these 4'-6' black tip reef sharks show up, but never cross over the rope which you are behind. What a rush!!

This is my recommended excursion to do for the first time!!

Let me know if you need more information, but you can see the photos of this excursion on our 2000 Tahiti photos.

P.S. I lost your email address, can you send it to me.

See you on the TP in October!

Richard

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

On it's way to you Richard. This might be something we would want to book now instead of taking a chance when we arrive. We have always just taken what we can get at the pier when we arrive, but this time I am planning ahead.

Thanks for the info!

My vote goes for Para-sailing. It was awesome and it is a para-sail for two. I hesitated at first but wow....the beauty and how romantic it was up there over the beautiful water with the scenery below, I will never forget it!

So, as Joyce and Karen suggested, first half day a 4x4, next day dive /snorkel, seems fair...

Gizmodog, Did you find parasail tour on warf?

And Richard, thank you, the photos are beautiful...

Do you have the Top Dive site or e-mail? Do you think we should go with everything booked ?

We already have Marc's picnic, Bruno in Raiatea/raiatea and Patrick 4x4 in Papeete.

We are looking for people to share Cap. Heifara in Moorea...maybe we are overbooked...

Here's the web site for TOP DIVE excursions on Bora Bora. Never had a bad experience with them!!

TOP DIVE EXCURSIONS BORA BORA

Let me know if you need more info.

Heyjude, these are professional sharks!! They do this all the time for a living!!

Richard

I sailed on Renaissance several years back and we did a great waverunner tour in Bora Bora. (I don't know if Princess offers it but you might be able to book once you get to the island). It was a lot of fun circling the island and we got to go swimming at a private beach!!!

Sorry for my bad English,but what is a waverunner?

Richard mentioned in his first e-mail but I really don´t know what is this.

Thank you for an answer.

Ia orana !

Here are my favourite excursions in Bora Bora :

1- Helicopter flight ($$$ but an incredible experience)

2- 4X4 Safari (for the views on the lagoon... but not as nice as the helicopter)

3- Island tour by jet ski

Just one more thing... try to do all your excursions on Bora Bora in the morning when the sun is not too high, you'll bring back some nicer photos...

Hope this helps,

Manu

The Tahiti traveler team

Hola 1818,

Yes a wave runner is a jet ski, also, TOP DIVE are good folks to use to book excursions thru on Bora Bora. We plan to use them again in October to do our diving on Bora Bora and Moorea.

Tienes mas preguntas?

Diga me

Ricardo

Since you have 2 days on Bora Bora, the 4x4 one day or part day and a relaxing day at a beautiful resort is wonderful.

We took a taxi to The Inter Continetal resort, beautiful. I heard The Bora Bora Hotel is beautiful also, for a small fee you can use the facilities & eat the buffet.

Have fun!

Chrysteen

gvre, the Top Dive site reservation link has not worked in days, any clue how to contact them? I tried email but received no response.

Thanks Manu, this is a really expert opinion!

Ricardo, mi espanol es mas malo que mi english... Puedes hablar en portugues?

The jet ski was elected by my husband- the only problem: He had back problems...no pain anymore but last year he had a serius crisis... Is the lagoon calm enough? anyway it's a lot of bump. Do you reccomend it?

Toto, TopDive already answer my question in their "contact us" link.

We booked 4x4 Patrick in Papeete, I don't know if I want another tour like this in Bora Bora.

The ideia of a day in a Hotel beach is not bad, Chrysteen, it is possible to snorkel?

Manu, which beach you reccomend? Do you know how much they charge? we'll be in Sheraton Moorea post cruise, is it possible to use their beach for free?

Monica

Just received an email from Top Dive, it took them a few days to answer. Now I have to fax a CC number to them for the reservation. ARG!

Ia orana Monica,

If you have back problems, the jet ski should be ok if you drive slowly, but the 4X4 Safari with Patrick will probably be a bad experience for you as this tour is really bumpy.

I have no back troubles but every time I do this tour or the Safari in Bora Bora, I have back pain for at least 24 hours...

Regarding the Beaches :

On Bora Bora, Matira is a very nice public beach and there is a 5$ shuttle to go there from the pier.

Regarding Moorea, the Sheraton's beach should be ok for free as long as you get a drink or a lunch before to go for a swim...

Enjoy your vacation ...

Manu

The Tahiti traveler team

Archived