Just got to diamond status question...

When we booked our FOS cruise we were platinum. Now that we are diamond, would we get additional $ off our balcony cabin. I shot an email to my ta but this is probably the last cruise I am booking with her (long story) so I would like your opinions first.

Thanks.

M

When we booked our FOS cruise we were platinum. Now that we are diamond, would we get additional $ off our balcony cabin. I shot an email to my ta but this is probably the last cruise I am booking with her (long story) so I would like your opinions first.

Thanks.

M

From your posting... looks like you are sailing in Oct... so have not paid your full balance.... in that case, yes, for sure you get the Diamond Balcony discount... I really don't know if your full balance was due and paid how it would be handled. But if my TA said "no" I would call C&A direct. And... congratulations on reaching Diamond status:)

From your posting... looks like you are sailing in Oct... so have not paid your full balance.... in that case, yes, for sure you get the Diamond Balcony discount... I really don't know if your full balance was due and paid how it would be handled. But if my TA said "no" I would call C&A direct. And... congratulations on reaching Diamond status:)

Even if paid in full you get credit for the discount. It will be refunded to your type of payment (i.e. credit card).

I just did this for my client after they made final payment. It doesn't matter whether it is before or after, they just reimburse the money if it is after. If your TA doesn't take care of it, you should be able to do it yourself.

Thanks.

M

The balcony discount goes by what level you are when you cruise, not when you book. So yes, you will get an additional discount. Welcome to diamond! :)

Thanks.

M

Was going to my cruise messages when I happened to see your question. We are diamond (18). I think you might get several responses to your question, but I have found that if you call the Crown & Anchor Desk at RCCL, they are usually the ones that can set you straight-- however, the discount is based on the # of nites, ie. 3-5 nites - $100; 6-9 nites -$200 and 10+ - $300. The question is whether or not you would be eligible since you booked the cruise while you were still Platinum. To be safe just call C & A @ 800-526-9723 for help. If you are really upset about something that your ta did, I would also let RCCL know this. ronpat:o

Was going to my cruise messages when I happened to see your question. We are diamond (18). I think you might get several responses to your question, but I have found that if you call the Crown & Anchor Desk at RCCL, they are usually the ones that can set you straight-- however, the discount is based on the # of nites, ie. 3-5 nites - $100; 6-9 nites -$200 and 10+ - $300. The question is whether or not you would be eligible since you booked the cruise while you were still Platinum. To be safe just call C & A @ 800-526-9723 for help. If you are really upset about something that your ta did, I would also let RCCL know this. ronpat:o

Your C&A status at the time of sailing is what the discounts & benefits are based on...the previous answers given here are all correct.

Thanks.

M

I am new to Royal Caribbean. My family has always been Only Disney Cruise fans. My son and nephews are older and we are looking for something more. Can you please explain what you are referring to when you say, "you were a platinum and now are a diamond"? THANKS!

Crown and Anchor is RCI's loyalty program. You can join after your first cruise at the Gold level. You need 5 cruise credits to be elevated to Platinum and 10 for Diamond. Each cruise is a credit and you can earn more than one credit per cruise. Extra credit for a junior suite and above, extra credit for cruise 12 nights or longer. The max credits for a cruise is 3.

The money saving perks really start at the Platinum level with balcony discounts and bigger value in the on- board coupon book.

Crown and Anchor is RCI's loyalty program. You can join after your first cruise at the Gold level. You need 5 cruise credits to be elevated to Platinum and 10 for Diamond. Each cruise is a credit and you can earn more than one credit per cruise. Extra credit for a junior suite and above, extra credit for cruise 12 nights or longer. The max credits for a cruise is 3.

The money saving perks really start at the Platinum level with balcony discounts and bigger value in the on- board coupon book.

Thank you very much for your reply. This is very interesting! Disney doesn't offer a discount program for repeat cruisers. I like this! :D

Archived