need help with underwater camera

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Photo & Camera Discussions

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:54 AM.
South East Georgia
1,501 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
any suggestions on where to buy a not so expersive underwater camera? not disposable? I already have a nice digital so I dont really want to spend a whole lot on an underwater but may want to change my mind about the disposables.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebration June 1995
Carnival Glory June 2009
Carnival Fascination Aug. 2010 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...8061&highlight=
Carnival Sensation Jan. 2011
Carnival Fascination June 2, 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept. 2012
Carnival Sensation April 2013
Carnival Fascination 2015
Carnival Victory September 2016
Carnival Valor April 2017
Columbus, OH
1,652 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
I just bought the Olympus Stylus 850 SW on Amazon for $160 + shipping. I took it with me on the jet skis in Coco Cay and the dolphin swim in Nassau. It works great! I haven't realy tried out the underwater features (snorkeling, etc.) but the waterproof part works great!

I have a DSLR and I was VERY impressed by some of the features of this pocketsize camera.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing aboard the Carnival Breeze on 02/07/2016!

May 2006: Carnival Victory (Western), May 2009: Monarch of the Seas (Bahamas), June 2011: Serenade of the Seas (Southern)
June 2012: Carnival Victory (Southern) , June 2013: Freedom of the Seas (Western) , August 2014: Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas), January 2015: Navigator of the Seas (Exotic Western)
409 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
This one is just out! Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD I have one coming on Monday.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
August 2013 Mediterranean Ruby Princess
June 2009 Alaska Southbound HAL Ryndam
St. Louis area
10,472 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by April-in-NC
I just bought the Olympus Stylus 850 SW on Amazon for $160 + shipping. I took it with me on the jet skis in Coco Cay and the dolphin swim in Nassau. It works great! I haven't realy tried out the underwater features (snorkeling, etc.) but the waterproof part works great!

I have a DSLR and I was VERY impressed by some of the features of this pocketsize camera.
Sam's club is running this for about $158.00 right now as well and I think it includes the floatable strap. You may want to ck that if you are a Sam's member.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Vince