Wardrobe question for NCL Caribbean Cruise

TXNewlyweds

Hubby and I are taking our first NCL cruise in December -- Itinerary is St. Thomas, Tortola and Bahama. Our previous cruises have been with RCL. This will be our first time Freestyle cruising. We actually enjoy getting dressed up on our previous cruises but we're not sure what's appropriate on NCL. Would love some input/advice from those who've been there, done that...

I've seen people wearing tank tops and shorts in the main dining rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I'm more interested in whether you've seen people wearing what you would wear for a nice date night out? There are always those who will dress as casually as they can get away with on every ship. But are there others who "dress for the occasion?"

Most people will be dressed like they are out on a date night (nice jeans, khakis, slacks, skirts, dresses, jackets, short-sleeve shirts, long-sleeve shirts, some with a tie, some without a tie), so you will totally fit in.

Very few wear formal wear unless they are celebrating an occasion or wanting to get pictures in dressier clothing.

Very few wear shorts to dinner, and most of those go to the less formal of the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

On Norwegian, you are free to dress up or not. :cool:

I wore a "date night" outfit every night on my recent ten day NCL Med cruise. Same with my previous NCL cruises in the Caribbean. Even though NCL is freestyle, the majority of people dress very nicely.

Good to know. Thanks! I think I'll pack what I normally do minus sequin dress and hubby's suit.

I've only cruise with Norwegian once (but will again in October)! I was solo and dressed for dinner every night and did not feel out of place. Yes, you will see the whole spectrum of casual to dressy, but it's your vacation so dress as you'd like! Bon Voyage!

Spring break cruise on the Getaway in March most folks were dressier than I expected. Men wore mostly nice shirts and pants with few jackets or suits but the ladies had lovely dresses and accessories. Even the last nite many ladies were fully accessorized making me wonder how they managed to get their packing done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I'm more interested in whether you've seen people wearing what you would wear for a nice date night out? There are always those who will dress as casually as they can get away with on every ship. But are there others who "dress for the occasion?"

We cruise on NCL a lot. Although it is freestyle, I enjoy dressing up every night with a nice dress and for"dress up or not night" I wear a cocktail dress that is a little bit dressier. My husband wears a nice pair of pant and usually a golf type shirt. And he'll just wear a dress shirt and tie for the dress up night. He wore a suit for years but it has toned down alot. You will see a big range in what people wear. .

Edited by mimi217
Spelling

Thanks everyone! Sometimes it strikes me as funny that I'm concerned about being over dressed... lol. Not going to worry about it anymore... On to worrying about how to pack. It will be our first fly in cruise. So far we've been able to drive so haven't dealt with any luggage limits...