Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

Why is it that these Costa Concordia customers are attempting to sue the Carnival Corp for all of this money and most of them were not even hurt? Have we as people gotten so greedy that we have to use a misfortune to become rich? I can see if you really were hurt or a loved one was killed or harmed etc... But Really? If you had the money to sail on the ship for heavens sakes and make it off safely, is that not enough? The Captain is going to Jail and your getting your money back from your cruise. Why am I thoroughly disgusted by this greed?

Why is it that these Costa Concordia customers are attempting to sue the Carnival Corp for all of this money and most of them were not even hurt? Have we as people gotten so greedy that we have to use a misfortune to become rich? I can see if you really were hurt or a loved one was killed or harmed etc... But Really? If you had the money to sail on the ship for heavens sakes and make it off safely, is that not enough? The Captain is going to Jail and your getting your money back from your cruise. Why am I thoroughly disgusted by this greed?

Besides all they went through and things they lost on the ship do you really think all they should get back is the price of the cruise.

Wow..

Yikes! The Concordia capsizing was a huge deal. There was gross negligance, major incompetence, everyone who lived can absolulely say their lives were in grave danger. I believe all passengers on that ship are entitled to more than just their money back. Cruise ships have a responsibility to keep their passengers safe at all times.

Couldn't agree more.

With which statement?

I agree with marie157- that was an unnecessary accident caused by negligence which surely traumatized all of the passengers. And yes, if I had been on that ship I too would sue. This was not just a misfortune. This was the almost predictatble result of actions by an individual who endangered the ship. And now it is being revealed that this same captain has had a previous incident where his apparent recklessness caused a crash, although no where nearly as serious.

Yeah, a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work. They have exciting stories to tell their children and grandchildren. Just kidding. I'd sue them too for as much as possible and feel badly for anyone going through such a traumatic experience.

Sorry, OP but I completely disagree with you. These folks deserve more than a free cruise for all they went through. This was gross negligence followed by complete ineptness that put every single passenger and crew member in grave danger. I too would sue in this situation.

Besides all they went through and things they lost on the ship do you really think all they should get back is the price of the cruise.

Wow..

Ok so their belongings, but millions? Every day we work and risk our lives just going out of our front doors, sure it was gross negligence, but he is paying for that and so is the corporation. Compensate for what was lost.... Why all the other stuff? I still don't get it, but maybe it's just me...

Yikes! The Concordia capsizing was a huge deal. There was gross negligance, major incompetence, everyone who lived can absolulely say their lives were in grave danger. I believe all passengers on that ship are entitled to more than just their money back. Cruise ships have a responsibility to keep their passengers safe at all times.

I totally agree.

Hmm...if my family and I came out unscathed and had our basic needs met after being rescued, I would probably think that amt was fair enough. Tough to say since I didn't live through that trauma. If I or a family member had ben injured or died or majorly traumatized, i would not settle for that amt.

The uninjured passengers have been offered approximately $14,500 each plus a refund of their cruise and travel costs as well as onboard expenses. Some people think that's fair....some think its not.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4716

Now how many of those uninjured people really came on board with $14,000 worth of belongings? At most I would say 3-7 thousand dollars tops...that's generally what the average state room would have.

Ok so their belongings, but millions? Every day we work and risk our lives just going out of our front doors, sure it was gross negligence, but he is paying for that and so is the corporation. Compensate for what was lost.... Why all the other stuff? I still don't get it, but maybe it's just me...

Because you never get near what you are claiming. Ask for a million, you will wind up with 100k at best. Ask for your mere belongings + cruise fare, you will be lucky to get a t-shirt when its all said and done and stil be out what you paid for air fare and others things.

AS with any law suit you start big then they chop it way down as they go.

Will insurance cover the cost as it did when the Splendor caught fire?

I wasnt aware that insurance covered Splendor? I read Carnival is self insured.

Carnival announced the loss of the ship from sailing will cut earnings by 11 cents per share they estimated.

(and that was before the fire on the ship just recently, also costa.)

I dont believe they have business interruption insurance which is what is going to hit them, not just the actual cost of the ship which is what may be insured.

Sorry, OP but I completely disagree with you. These folks deserve more than a free cruise for all they went through. This was gross negligence followed by complete ineptness that put every single passenger and crew member in grave danger. I too would sue in this situation.

But your suing because they put you in danger? That's just greedy and no offense to you but my life is worth more than money. I would just be happy to be alive and compensated for my belongings.

Carnival Corp. must agree with you since they've already offered all those not physically harmed $14,000.00 plus the cost of the cruise refunded.

Now how many of those uninjured people really came on board with $14,000 worth of belongings? At most I would say 3-7 thousand dollars tops...that's generally what the average state room would have.

How much is getting trampled under people in a pitch black sinking ship worth to you? Evidently just the cost of the regular cruise same as if it didnt sink. I hope the lawsuit stings real bad and the captain get justice.

Because you never get near what you are claiming. Ask for a million, you will wind up with 100k at best. Ask for your mere belongings + cruise fare, you will be lucky to get a t-shirt when its all said and done and stil be out what you paid for air fare and others things.

AS with any law suit you start big then they chop it way down as they go.

That makes sense...

Believe me , no one hates these "my coffee was cold , I suffered mental anguish " lawsuits more than I .

But this was a very big thing, and with extreme gross negligence . Not a "these things happen" or a "This is a chance you take on a cruise" or an "act of God"

absolutely they deserve more than the cost of the cruise - the $15K number sounds just. I am so sick of everyone that thinks that an accident can make them a multi millionaire. Extended therapy should be offered, etc for PTSD but where I live (Beaumont, Texas) we are lawsuit happy - people sue everyone for everything - it's disgusting.

You should read through this thread and pay close attention to the posts from mickey_d_mouse. She's a Concordia survivor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1558613

For some people, the offer of 11,000 euros or whatever might be suitable. However, keep in mind some people lost more than that in clothing, jewelry, electronics, etc. Many people are having to seek counseling for PTSD. Many people had to come out of pocket for their return flights home and have not been reimbursed yet. Can you imagine having to pay walk up airfare for a plane ticket from Italy to Australia? :eek: Should they be given a billion dollars? No, but I do think the offer that was given to them was a slap in the face. I'd probably sue as well. Saying they should be happy to be alive is kind of silly, because this should have never happened in the first place.

I wasnt aware that insurance covered Splendor? I read Carnival is self insured.

Carnival announced the loss of the ship from sailing will cut earnings by 11 cents per share they estimated.

(and that was before the fire on the ship just recently, also costa.)

They self insure for loss of revenue from future bookings but do insure for the loss of their vessels albeit with a high deductible.

How much is getting trampled under people in a pitch black sinking ship worth to you? Evidently just the cost of the regular cruise same as if it didnt sink.

But if you weren't that person injured, and your cruise and money for your belongings were refunded to you, ok as well as the air, what's the complaint? I was scared for a few hours but I got off safely? And let me remind you the ship capsized it didn't sink. Totally different from the titanic...#imjussayin

Archived