Renting ATV in Philipsburg

snorkelman

In the past I took cruise critic advice to rent from "the Chinese man" (who is actually from Taiwan).

My notes show that his name is

Mr. A TE

#2 Goldfinche Rd.

Point Blanche, St. Marten

I actually started a thread at the time talking about my experience, but it was closed for some reason. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1051917

Any updated info on this ATV rental company? I was pleased with the quality of the ATV when I rented there in the past. Any feedback appreciated.

We are looking in to doing this on our cruise in June. I see that you have done this before... Do you have any recommendations of a route or must sees on the island. Also it will be my husband and I, two 19 year olds and two 16 year olds. Would you consider this a good/safe thing for us? Thank you for any info.

It was a blast. It is safe. Don't store anything in the ATV when you go to any beach, as there is a problem with break-ins. Go clockwise around the island. If you end up renting an ATV, please give me feedback. I will be visiting in September.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe this is who we rented from the last week in July. He was very friendly and explained how to drive about the island and places to stop. The ATV looked new, he explained that there are a few companies that will share license plates between two different ATVs but he doesn't do that. He worked with us on the price a little bit since we were the only ship at the pier that day. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.

We didn't do clockwise, we did counter clockwise. It was very easy to navigate and were able to do the beaches that we wanted to go to.

I believe this is who we rented from the last week in July. He was very friendly and explained how to drive about the island and places to stop. The ATV looked new, he explained that there are a few companies that will share license plates between two different ATVs but he doesn't do that. He worked with us on the price a little bit since we were the only ship at the pier that day. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.

We didn't do clockwise, we did counter clockwise. It was very easy to navigate and were able to do the beaches that we wanted to go to.

Thank You for posting this. I did have questions.

1) did you pay cash or Credit Card?

2) was there a fuel charge?

3) if you saw the Cube two person 4 wheeler, were they newer too?

I believe this is who we rented from the last week in July.

How did you contact him? I have emailed both the email address I had from his business card and also the one on his website but I have not received a response.

I want to use him again since I had a good experience, but I am confused why I can't get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...