Beer selection, Veendam

hop2it

Could any fellow travelers and good-beer fans share their knowledge of the HAL beer selections, particularly the Veendam (Boston-Montreal) cruises? Searches here have proven fruitless, or hopsless rather. (All our previous cruises have been on Princess ships, so I assume the offerings might be similar. But I do hope for some quality craft beers on our coming voyage.)

Could any fellow travelers and good-beer fans share their knowledge of the HAL beer selections, particularly the Veendam (Boston-Montreal) cruises? Searches here have proven fruitless, or hopsless rather. (All our previous cruises have been on Princess ships, so I assume the offerings might be similar. But I do hope for some quality craft beers on our coming voyage.)

Here is a link to the HAL poolside bar menu from June 2017:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Pool-Bars.pdf

If you like really good beer the selection is terrible. Occasionally a bottle or two of something interesting makes it onto the ship but it's largely the regular commercial stuff. Nothing comes out of a tap. My husband is a very serious homebrewer and loves to find interesting stuff when we travel. Unfortunately you can't bring it on board like you can wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid the on-board choices would leave a lot to be desired. But the good news is that all the port towns have plenty of bars/restaurants with local microbrews to sample.