Disappointed with Crown and Anchor points

We just came back from the Oasis of the Seas and had a wonderful cruise. I had booked two cabins - and was excited to think about the points I would get to help me move up to the next level. That excitement ended when I found out that even though as a family and we paid for both cabins - I only got credit for one of the cabins on my C and A number because my husband has a different number and he got credit for the other cabin. I just booked another cruise for my whole family, this time with three cabins and now find out the credit will be split between three different people even though I booked them and am paying for all three as a family. This is so disappointing to me as this will take forever to rise up through the C and A levels. Even with hotel points you can book rooms under that same rewards number and get the points for all rooms not just one. So unfair.

We just came back from the Oasis of the Seas and had a wonderful cruise. I had booked two cabins - and was excited to think about the points I would get to help me move up to the next level. That excitement ended when I found out that even though as a family and we paid for both cabins - I only got credit for one of the cabins on my C and A number because my husband has a different number and he got credit for the other cabin. I just booked another cruise for my whole family, this time with three cabins and now find out the credit will be split between three different people even though I booked them and am paying for all three as a family. This is so disappointing to me as this will take forever to rise up through the C and A levels. Even with hotel points you can book rooms under that same rewards number and get the points for all rooms not just one. So unfair.

Actually each person travelling on each cabin will get the points, not just the one who pays. If there are 3 people in each of 3 cabins then all 9 people would get the same number of points.

Actually each person travelling on each cabin will get the points, not just the one who pays. If there are 3 people in each of 3 cabins then all 9 people would get the same number of points.

Yup! Whoever cruised got the exact same points for days on the ship. Whether 10 people in one room or 10 rooms between 10 people.

How is it unfair? As far as I know, it's always been that way and has never been advertised any differently. I would assume you paid for family so you could have a family vacation together. I would hope you didn't do it to just earn points.

My parents would be Pinnacle by now if they got all the points for family cruises they paid for :D

Us too...but at least I've helped my extended family reach D & D+ levels ;):D

My DD is 15. I am quite sure she has not paid for her cruises, and I don't have any points for my expense. She will turn 18 and be near Pinnacle, Elite with Celebrity, Black card with MSC and wherever else she ends up with the other lines she has sailed. I don't begrudge her one point or her status on any of the cruise lines. At least she'll be set up with her benefits with whichever line she chooses to sail.

At least that way when she is no longer a minor and travels with us we don't have to worry about her joining us in Diamond lounge. Or would you complain if you got all the points that your family can't join you in the Diamond lounge despite having cruised as much as you because they don't have the points:confused:

Yup! Whoever cruised got the exact same points for days on the ship. Whether 10 people in one room or 10 rooms between 10 people.

Not strictly true, 10 people in 10 rooms would all have received double points and they would be sailing solo, or triple points if sailing in a suite, the only way the would get on point is sailing in a solo designated cabin.

Every rewards system is for the traveller, not the purchase. Next month my wife and I are paying for 3 additional cabins and we only get the points from out suite.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My DD is 15. I am quite sure she has not paid for her cruises, and I don't have any points for my expense. She will turn 18 and be near Pinnacle, Elite with Celebrity, Black card with MSC and wherever else she ends up with the other lines she has sailed. I don't begrudge her one point or her status on any of the cruise lines. At least she'll be set up with her benefits with whichever line she chooses to sail.

Would you please consider adopting me?:halo:

Do take care when booking Cabins in regular and js class and say you have more C&A points than spouse but your name is on cabin in Reg. So you get 1 point and spouse gets 2 per night. You would not get double points since spouse has fewer points and therefore would not add additional points to your total. Learned the hard way but did enjoy the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure you register them for crown and anchor otherwise their points will be lost.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Every rewards system is for the traveller, not the purchase. Next month my wife and I are paying for 3 additional cabins and we only get the points from out suite.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The good news is you get double points for staying in a suite.

Just make sure you register them for crown and anchor otherwise their points will be lost.

Not really lost but it makes it easier to be credited with cruise points if registered before you leave the ship. C&A onboard can complete registration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really lost but it makes it easier to be credited with cruise points if registered before you leave the ship. C&A onboard can complete registration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly my point was make sure C&A get them registered either on the ship or shortly afterwards so they can take part in any future C&A events if they sail independently

Points won't be lost. C&A can retroactively give credit to someone who has taken cruises before they were C&A members.

OP...not C&A issue as many have explained. Travelled with our kids and now grands for decades. Each had cruiseline, airline, hotel loyalty accounts to build on. Glad I was able to give them a jumpstart. Never crossed my mind those points should be mine.