Turkish. Airline

Maksim

We flew them in business class a few years ago. Their food was really good. The flight attendants did not smile much, but were efficient.

If you are flying business class, note that some of the planes may have seat designs that are not fully lie-flat.

More information about them may be found on Flyertalk.com in the relevant thread

Edited by notjaded

We flew them in business class a few years ago. Their food was really good. The flight attendants did not smile much, but were efficient.

If you are flying business class, note that some of the planes may have seat designs that are not fully lie-flat.

More information about them may be found on Flyertalk.com in the relevant thread

Thank you so much for such a quick reply. What about coach? Any information about it? Also, do they have premium economy and if they do, is it worth the extra $? My main concerns though are safety, comfort and connecting airport in Istambul. We never flew through it and not sure how the connections there work. Thanks again. Helen.

Thank you so much for such a quick reply. What about coach? Any information about it? Also, do they have premium economy and if they do, is it worth the extra $? My main concerns though are safety, comfort and connecting airport in Istambul. We never flew through it and not sure how the connections there work. Thanks again. Helen.

We flew them last fall jfk to Venice through Istanbul. Everything was fine, food free drink, entertainment and staff. Price was the lowest of all decent airlines.

Economy seating was fine. The only thing we didn't like was our scheduling required us to have 11hrs in the Istanbul airport between flights.

Dave

Don't know about coach, but if you are StarAlliance Gold or flying Business, you have access to their lounge in IST, and it is a fantastic one.

As far as safety, google "IATA Safety Audit," and I am sure you will see that they passed theirs.

Edited by notjaded

We flew Turkish Airline from Istanbul to Cappadocia last June. It was just one hour flight but it was so much better than BC with American Airline we flew just 5 dyas earlier. Turkish Airline actually served food (not just peanuts or crackers) on one hour flight! The food was really good! Sevice was excellent and the seats were comfortable. We were really happy and already booked our next TA flight with Turkish airline.

Flew them last month in coach round-trip between USA and Uzbekistan. They provide in coach what US airlines provide in premium or plus. Food, leg room on long and short legs of flight. Only issue, like previous poster mentioned, is the long layover in Istanbul! That was concerning for the security/safety issue of being there so long. They do have a priority lounge(nice place to spend our 11 hour layover!) that we purchased at the airport(I believe it was about $35-40USD for the day), that anyone can purchase.