Just off Gem - 8/1/2015

According to NCL website, the Bali Hai does have hamburgers. I cannot wait to sail on Gem in 64 days!

Bali Hai does have a grill but last few cruises on her it never opened. Topsiders outside grill / buffet is real close, down the stairs on the other side of the pool.

Edited by P&Lcruising

what where the shows on the Gem ?

Sorry, but I do not remember most of the shows on the Gem. They were not very memorable. The singers and dancers were very talented but the production was nothing special. They did have an acrobats show that was superb and you should not miss that if it is still showing on board when you are there. Second City put on several shows and I heard they were very funny but I did not attend any of them. They do have a Cake Masters Challenge in the Spinnaker Lounge towards the end of the week. That was very funny so if you can go to that.

• 1 month later...
I was just wondering about sea days, was the pool area crowded? Was it hard to get a lounge on the pool deck?

If you want to be right in the pool area, it is crowded and front rows of seats are being saved before 8am. However, we spent most of our time on the level above the pool, great view of pool, can hear the music, not crowded at all and plenty of seats. Want even more quiet, go to deck 14, front of the deck can still see the pool, plenty of seats and quiet.

If you want to be right in the pool area, it is crowded and front rows of seats are being saved before 8am. However, we spent most of our time on the level above the pool, great view of pool, can hear the music, not crowded at all and plenty of seats. Want even more quiet, go to deck 14, front of the deck can still see the pool, plenty of seats and quiet.

Is there shade area up on deck 14? Sometimes I want to be out of the sun.

Is there shade area up on deck 14? Sometimes I want to be out of the sun.

No shade on deck 14 by pool. Only shade by pool is on the pool level, there are 2 long rows of chairs that are covered by the deck above, front row chairs go early.