Favorite restaurant for dinner?

skiiergirl

What is your favorite restaurant for dinner in Aruba? Since many ships stay later in Aruba than other ports, people may choose to dine off the ship that evening. We have dined off the ship a couple of times but have not found anything spectacular yet. If you have had a nice dinner in Aruba, please post your favorite here. Name of restaurant, type of food,etc.

Thanks.

So far, we haven't found anything outstanding...but we were staying pretty close to port. Our last time was al fresco at some Italian place...they had some live music, so that was fun, but the food wasn't so great.

My favorites

Barefoot - outdoor dining on the beach. Food and atmosphere outstanding

Azzurro - at Playa Linda resort in Palm Beach - great views, excellent upscale Italian

Chalet Suisse - Eagle Beach - very old school decor with outstanding food and service

Pinchos - dining on a dock right over the water - mostly grilled seafood and meats

Passions - on the beach on Eagle Beach - very romantic atmosphere with good food served right on the beach

West Deck - very casual - sits beside the water downtown - good food but not at all fancy

Bavaria Food and Drink Restaurant (near the Hardee's in Eagle Beach). Found this last trip and the german food was excellent. They do a yeast pretzel that I've not had anywhere (including Germany) that was fantastic. We're not beer drinkers but it looked like they had just about any german export you'd want. If you like German food, this is the place. We're stopping back by in September on our next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
I've booked Barefoot Restaurant for my upcoming sailing and we're really looking forward to it based on Trip Advisor reviews!

We must be thinking the same thing (again! ;)) The day we are in Aruba is mine and hubby's 20th anniversary, so we wanted to do something special! I have a friend who's parents were just there a couple of weeks ago (celebrating their 50th!) and they had a wonderful experience! So looking forward to this!! :)

• 1 month later...

Flying Fishbone is loved by many people. FYI to cruisers - if you decide to go there for dinner the cab fare is $26.00 each way, not counting tips. On Sundays and holidays it is $3.00 more each way. If a taxi picks you up inside the port area, there is an additional charge. There are several restaurants closer to port that have similar experiences, although the closer ones offer dining with your toes in the sand, not toes in the water, or offer dining over the water on a dock.

Passions on the Beach is our favorite. Toes in the sand beach dining.

https://www.passions-restaurant-aruba.com/

Menu https://ambr-674702.c.cdn77.org/downloads/Passions-Menu-July-2015.pdf

passionsd.jpg

passions_special.jpg

We had reservations there last December as we had heard how great it is. Around 4:30 we received an email tht they would not be open that evening due to high surf.

Edited by skiiergirl

Are there any good " toes in the sand" restaurants on Palm Beach?

Moomba has some tables in the sand. You can also eat on the pier at Bugaloe or Pelican's Nest. These are all very casual eateries. Eagle Beach is just a few minutes from Palm Beach, right on the way back to the ship. You could eat at Passions on the way back, or Barefoot or Pinchos back in town. The last three require reservations to guarantee seating.

We had reservations there last December as we had heard how great it is. Around 4:30 we received an email tht they would not be open that evening due to high surf.

I am sorry you missed your dinner there. That was December 10 and a once a year, if that, occurrance. :( The waves were crashing about where you would have been seated for dinner. :(

Capture5.JPG

We tried Flying Fishbone for the first time last year, and really enjoyed it - the food was good, but it was the atmosphere that was really the selling point. But it is a bit of a drive from the port.

Looking strictly for food (not so much for atmosphere....like at all lol). Is the buffet at the Renaissance. All of the fish and shellfish (and I think there was meat as well.....) is cooked to order, there were great cold seafood options (sushi, etc). It's a bit pricey, but absolutely delicious!

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I stayed in Aruba for a week several years ago. Our favorite restaurant was the Flying Fishbone. The food was delicious, service excellent, you sit right on the beach and we watched a beautiful sunset. We plan to go back when we return.

Another vote for Flying Fishbone. We had a fantastic evening there with friends. Of all our travels, a very memorable dinner.

It is a distance from where the ship docks so be sure to watch the time and arrange with the restaurants to get you a taxi back.

• 4 weeks later...

We had dinner at Pincho's last month and are still talking about how great it was. 1 mile walk from the ship and a once in lifetime setting. Aruba is very warm, but the breeze at night kept us comfortable during dinner

We ordered the mixed grill and the grouper. You can't go wrong at Pincho's

t00p01.jpg

5pphud.jpg

We ended up eating at MAdam Janette's. It was very good. It was packed with a waiting line when we left. Food was very good and well worth the split plate fee as each entree definitely served two people. The other 3 in my party thought it was excellent. I thought it was nice but did not live up to what I was expecting....but I think I was expecting too much. Would definitely dine there again!

I'm glad that you enjoyed Madame Janette's. I've eaten there several times, but I don't consider it to be in my top five restaurants in Aruba. A lot of us who vacation in Aruba every year feel that the food and service there has declined over the years. I rarely recommend it any more.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Madame Janette's. I've eaten there several times, but I don't consider it to be in my top five restaurants in Aruba. A lot of us who vacation in Aruba every year feel that the food and service there has declined over the years. I rarely recommend it any more.

Mainly it worked for us...decent price range...decent variety of food, etc. Last year we had reservations at Passions and didn't get to go as that night they closed due to the surf. So stayed away from the "beach" restaurants this year. Some of the others had better reviews and better locations but we had a picky eater with us so overall the menu and location made our decision. Unfortunately the next few times we are there the ship leaves too early to have dinner.

Barefoot and Pinchos aren't affected by surf, so they are always safe choices. Madam Janette's does have an extensive menu, and good steaks. There are just so many more restaurants that we prefer. We will be in Aruba for three weeks this year, and Madam Janette's is not on our list. If you have a chance to dine in Aruba again some time in the future, I suggest giving another toes in the sand restaurant a try.

• 2 weeks later...