Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Digital Photography & Cruise Technology > Photo & Camera Discussions

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Photo & Camera Discussions

Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Will I get in trouble for videoing in these spots...

First, just to set the record straight... I'm not out to film kids, I don't want to zoom in on specific people I just want to make a time lapse/sped up video montage for my cruise review... some spots include:

1) Windjammer - Can I video in one spot for about 30 mins (like I want to video everyone coming up and getting food and leaving

2) Flow Rider - Am I allowed to set my video camera up on a tripod and video for about 30 mins... I just want the wipeouts so everything else recorded will be deleted. (I just want to put say 20 wipeouts into a 1-2 minute video.

3) At shows - I know you can't video during a show... but can I be one of the first people in to the theatre and then set my camera up at the front and record everyone coming in and sitting down (so once sped up it shows the seats go from empty to full)

4) In the toilets.... KIDDING

I hope I don't sound like a creep asking these questions, I just don't want to make people feel uncomfortable nor do I want to get in trouble in front of a crowd.

Thanks!

Rick

Carnival Spirit 11 Day South Pacific - 04/2014 Third Cruise Ever!

RCCL Allure of the Seas 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - 04/2013 Second Cruise Ever!

NCL Epic 11 Day TransAtlantic - 05/2011 First Cruise Ever!

Last edited by jarz85; January 22nd, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
5,000+ Club

Sounds like an interesting project.

At worst, you may be frowned upon by the wait staff in the Windjammer inless you use a table-top tripod so as not to block the way.

The theater might be best from the front of the second level looking away from the stage. If someone asks, just explain.

Flowrider...your main issue will be shooting around the crowds of people shooting around the crowds of people.

Dave

They say photography is an extension of the photographer. I'm surprised that more of my photos aren't darker with a lack of focus...

Last cruise Celebrity Century, 4/14, 7 days - Pacific Coast •
Next cruises • Decmber 2014 - Allure of the Seas - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean • September 2015 - Serenade of the Seas - 12 Day Fall Colors •

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks, sounds like I have nothing to worry about! I have a gorilla pod so I will just get a table close to the food and set the camera up on there. I think it would be a safety hazard setting up a 3 legged tripod in the Windjammer!

Great advice about the theatre, I was thinking of doing it from infront of the stage, but upstairs sounds better.

As for the Flow Rider, I think they are the most videoed/photographed thing on the ship... everyone loves the Flow Rider!

Rick

Carnival Spirit 11 Day South Pacific - 04/2014 Third Cruise Ever!

RCCL Allure of the Seas 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - 04/2013 Second Cruise Ever!

NCL Epic 11 Day TransAtlantic - 05/2011 First Cruise Ever!