Flowers?

I just read on a different thread that you can take real flowers on but you can't take them off. Can we do this with the bridal bouquet and things? I have already bought the boutineers from hobby lobby but I will take them back if I can take real flowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just read on a different thread that you can take real flowers on but you can't take them off. Can we do this with the bridal bouquet and things? I have already bought the boutineers from hobby lobby but I will take them back if I can take real flowers.

This is the kind of question that you need to ask your cruise line. Only they can tell you what you can and cannot do depending on the specific cruise you are going on, where it is departing from and where it is going to.

You should check with the cruise line. If you come in from a foreign country you cannot. The customs form states no food or plants can be brought off the ship- perhaps if "dried flowers", you can-but of course check with Celebrity as they will know the requirements.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have seen this stated as you can but I have also seen it stated that you cannot. I would call your wedding coordinator at Carnival weddings to find out. I am doing all kilt pins for the men to avoid the whole flower issue and to fit in with the theme of my brooch bouquet.

I find this:

Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx

Edited by mrstriceasnice

So my daughter is getting married Jan 4 2015 on the Dream. I called the wedding department to ask about fresh roses and candy for a candy buffet. They said absolutely not.

I cruise alot and knew I could take candy, so I called carnival and was told I can bring the roses and candy on but can't take them off. The roses will be dead in 7 days so she had no plans to take them off. She just wanted 2 roses for a rose exchange during her ceremony.

We are going to get real roses and articial roses and use what they allow us to bring on. Port of New Orleans is her port.

So my daughter is getting married Jan 4 2015 on the Dream. I called the wedding department to ask about fresh roses and candy for a candy buffet. They said absolutely not.

I cruise alot and knew I could take candy, so I called carnival and was told I can bring the roses and candy on but can't take them off. The roses will be dead in 7 days so she had no plans to take them off. She just wanted 2 roses for a rose exchange during her ceremony.

We are going to get real roses and articial roses and use what they allow us to bring on. Port of New Orleans is her port.

i thought carnival has a florist. Why not order flowers from them?