Hampton Inn FLL

snowmen

We have stayed 5 or 6 times at the Hampton Inn Airport/North Cruiseport. We have it booked again prior to our November cruise.

It has always been clean with very comfortable beds. The staff have always been friendly and helpful. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and a shuttle to the port for about $6 each. They have a decent complimentary breakfast. There is a shopping plaza across the road that has a grocery store, liquor store, sports bar, Thai restaurant, pizza place, Subway, dollar store, burger place etc. There is a nice German restaurant across the street within easy walking distance, and the hotel will shuttle you to other close by places. If I was staying in Florida for a vacation I would stay elsewhere, like near the beach, but for 1 night prior to a cruise this hotel is a good choice and we have always been pleased.

Anyone stayed at the one on Stirling...Hampton South. What are your thoughts on it?

We're booked there in March. It get pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor. Most of them are very good with the usual few bad ones. The price was certainly good compared to other hotel prices during that period. And for that reason, I'm certainly willing to take a chance on it.

We have stayed 5 or 6 times at the Hampton Inn Airport/North Cruiseport. We have it booked again prior to our November cruise.

It has always been clean with very comfortable beds. The staff have always been friendly and helpful. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and a shuttle to the port for about $6 each. They have a decent complimentary breakfast. There is a shopping plaza across the road that has a grocery store, liquor store, sports bar, Thai restaurant, pizza place, Subway, dollar store, burger place etc. There is a nice German restaurant across the street within easy walking distance, and the hotel will shuttle you to other close by places. If I was staying in Florida for a vacation I would stay elsewhere, like near the beach, but for 1 night prior to a cruise this hotel is a good choice and we have always been pleased.

I'll second this - we haven't stayed at this Hampton Inn yet - but stayed at the BWestern beside it and I really like the area for the abundance of close by restaurants and stores to get everything I need pre-cruise. We're booked in to stay at this Hampton Inn in January, but I wanted to chirp in as to how I felt about the general area.

North Cruise Port is great. They didn't charge for the shuttle when I was there in 2013.

Yeah, that's new - started early this year. They no longer use their own shuttles to take you to the port. They have a company come in with much larger shuttles. It worked really well.

Edited by Daisyloo

Our flight doesn't get in until 3:30pm. So really all we need is a choice of restaurants and a clean place to sleep.

As long as this Hampton provides that, I think I will stick w it, as I got a decent price of $169 for March 6.

I was just checking prices and found that the Hampton Ft Lauderdale/Plantation was almost half the price of the others and has free shuttle. We're going next month so I might try that one.

Does anyone have feedback on that one?

Someone on our roll call board has stayed there several times and said it was a nice hotel, with free shuttles to airport and cruiseport. Prices are usually alot less, since further from the water. Good shopping nearby.

DaveOKC