What to do in St Kitts

ragethjj23

My wife and I are looking for an excursion to do on st kitts. Any Suggestions? On our cruise, we will be doing tours and a catamaran and speed boat excursions at other ports. We are looking at tours, zip lining, catamaran tours...what are any suggestions?

My wife and I are looking for an excursion to do on st kitts. Any Suggestions? On our cruise, we will be doing tours and a catamaran and speed boat excursions at other ports. We are looking at tours, zip lining, catamaran tours...what are any suggestions?

There are several private tour operators that do small van tours, from 6 people to 20 in various types of vehicles. We used Royston; many also like Thenford Grey. It's a great way to see much of the island. The sights and attractions are fairly spread out, and Royston really packed in quite a bit in six hours or so. St. Kitts is all about the natural beauty, and Brimstone Fortress is a great site to visit as well.

I too did a Royston tour in the 'windowless van' . It was awesome and we really enjoyed our visit of the island. I would highly recommend this tour. We particularly liked the visit to the fort and the Batik center. Royston had a high level of energy and each time we got out of his van we did lots of interesting walking about. We are visiting again this year and will be just spending the day at the beach. Likely we'll head to Ship Wreck.

We just got back over a week ago and used Thenford Grey tours, he is exceptionally brilliant and obvioulsy an advid reader and historian!! Amazing man! A brilliant friendly tour guide, very simple man with an enourmous love for his island!! I have met many tour guides over the years of cruising but he expecially impressed upon me!!! He is a gentle soul with enormous knowldege and character! We really got to SEE so much of this beautiful island, the forts, the volcanos, Timothy Hill (WOW). He doesn't just drop you off at each site he participates at each stop and becomes part of the beauty of the tour just because he brings SO much information and character to the tour! It is so hard to explain him unless you have been on one of his tours before.....I can tell you he is NOT to be missed!!!! I can not encourage you more to use Thenford Grey Tours!!!!

We've enjoyed taking a ship's excursion by catamaran from St. Kitts to Nevis several times. :)

For a total change of pace you might consider the Sugar Train Railway.

LuLu

We were looking at that, but the company that carnival uses (blue water) charges $35pp less than through carnival, and you aren't allowed to book directly with the company. I think that the price difference would b in the back of my mind the whole time. lol

We just got back over a week ago and used Thenford Grey tours, he is exceptionally brilliant and obvioulsy an advid reader and historian!! Amazing man! A brilliant friendly tour guide, very simple man with an enourmous love for his island!! I have met many tour guides over the years of cruising but he expecially impressed upon me!!! He is a gentle soul with enormous knowldege and character! We really got to SEE so much of this beautiful island, the forts, the volcanos, Timothy Hill (WOW). He doesn't just drop you off at each site he participates at each stop and becomes part of the beauty of the tour just because he brings SO much information and character to the tour! It is so hard to explain him unless you have been on one of his tours before.....I can tell you he is NOT to be missed!!!! I can not encourage you more to use Thenford Grey Tours!!!!

We have looked at this tour and read reviews and it wounds great! will definitely have to look into this one more!

Oh my gosh. Just looked at the thenford grey site and there are like 5 different tours! Even if I pick a tour with him how will I choose which? Hiking up a volcano, trip to nevis, regular tour??? Or do I go with a catamaran tour from blue water? This is difficult!

If I were a first time visitor to St Kitts, I would do an Island tour. This would give you an overall experience of St Kitts. Nevis is nice but the time in port for most cruise ships does not allow a good look at Nevis. The volcano tour is fun but will take up a lot of time(at least 4 hrs). If you are doing a catamaran tour in another port, I would not repeat it in St Kitts. Another issue may be the number of ships in port. I have seen time when there are sometimes 3 large ships in plus maybe a small one anchored offshore. This is just an opinion from a frequent visitor.

Oh my gosh. Just looked at the thenford grey site and there are like 5 different tours! Even if I pick a tour with him how will I choose which? Hiking up a volcano, trip to nevis, regular tour??? Or do I go with a catamaran tour from blue water? This is difficult!

Do "the tour". It's only $48 and includes admission to the fortress. We did it last week and loved every minute of the five hours. Three hours touring and then two hours for lunch at the Raggae Beach Bar and beach time just beyond the bar...fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have already booked Thenford Grey tours for our May 2015 cruise. Since it's our first visit we usually like to get an overview of the major sites and some beach time. I would like to be able to spend more time at the fortress because we all love history and old buildings.

Does anyone that has taken the Thenford Grey Tours know if you can just find one of their vans when you get off the ship and book one of their tours at that time or do you have to book it in advance? We are going to St. Kitts for the day the second week in November and we are still trying to decide if we want to explore on our own or just book a tour when we get off the ship and we are not sure when we will make up our mind which way we want to go. This will be our honeymoon trip and we had planned on not really booking any excursions in advance so we wouldn't feel so rushed and wanted to really be able to just lesiurely stroll around each port and do our own thing without the rush feeling of a tour yet it seems like Thenford Grey tours is so popular and really good. So I'm not really sure what to do right now.

I am an amatuer photographer and my soon to be wife is an amazing writer and we are going to be taking a lot of pictures and notes for travel blogs that she frelances for hence the reason we also like to do our own thing on our own time but for some reason the more I read about the tours that Thenford Grey offers and how happy people are with them I am wondering if we should just go ahead and do this on St. Kitts.

I would book his tour ahead of time. He only has seating for about 20 on his bus. We did "The Tour" last week - it lasted 5 hours and I took the most photos of any day and any excursion on that tour. The scenic overlooks and the views of the beach are beyond words. $48US pp included your $10 admission to the Fortress. If you want to send me your email, I would be glad to forward you a few of my best photos - I am a complete amature and they were taken with a cell phone.

I would book his tour ahead of time. He only has seating for about 20 on his bus. We did "The Tour" last week - it lasted 5 hours and I took the most photos of any day and any excursion on that tour. The scenic overlooks and the views of the beach are beyond words. $48US pp included your $10 admission to the Fortress. If you want to send me your email, I would be glad to forward you a few of my best photos - I am a complete amature and they were taken with a cell phone.

Thanks!!! I am leaning toward us booking this tour!! the $48 price seems very very reasonable since the $10 fee for the fortress is included and 5 hours is a pretty good amount of time. You didn't feel like you were being rushed around did you?? That is the one thing we don't like the feeling that we are rushed around from location to location.l

my email is tpadul@gmail.com

Thanks mjgep0316!!

Got your email, I will open at home on my laptop so the photos can load faster as my phone is too slow with email. I went ahead and booked the Grand Tour on Thenford's website and hopefully 23 days out was still enough time to book with him as we are also going to be on the Jewel of the Seas the same cruise you just got back on. Our ship sails on Nov 8th and stops in St. Kitts on Nov 10th.

If your interested you can peek at my Flickr page and see the kind of photography I do.. Here is the link to my Flickr page

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mpadula/

Your photos are fabulous! You are going to love the Jewel...we had the most amazing week and made new friends from all over the world! In fact I was on Skype with one from Ireland yesterday. The crew is amazing and the Southern itinerary is wonderful. If you are doing MTD, ask fro Franklin and Gomez to be your waiters...you won't be hungry!

Your photos are fabulous! You are going to love the Jewel...we had the most amazing week and made new friends from all over the world! In fact I was on Skype with one from Ireland yesterday. The crew is amazing and the Southern itinerary is wonderful. If you are doing MTD, ask fro Franklin and Gomez to be your waiters...you won't be hungry!

Thanks!!! My photography is my stress relief from work!!! We are so excited about the cruise!! We are doing MTD and will definitely see if we can have Franklin and Gomez to be our waiters!!! We are also staying in Old San Juan for an overnight after the cruise is over so we can wind down from the cruise for a day and a half before we fly back to Chicago.

I think there will be a lot to photograph on this Southern itinerary we have always wanted to visit the islands that are on this trip and St. Kitts seems to have so much history behind it that I think the Tour will be perfect!

Edited by tpadul

• 2 weeks later...
I talked to my wife and i think we will do the Greys tour of the island with beach break. It sounds like fun and relaxing and includes a stop at Timothy hill.

Looks like you made your mind up. Check out my Zip Lining Video to see if it can tempt you to change your mind?

Regards,

Kevin Reid