Galveston Express Shuttle

BooandBay

Any "recent" users of Galveston Express?

Between Yelp & Trip Advisor, it appears there are very mixed reviews, even recently. We still do not have a shuttle from IAH to Galveston in Sept.

Please help!

Use Kent at GalvestonTaxiKent on Facebook. He is an independent contractor with Yellow Cab with very competitive rates. We basically used him as our personal driver while in Galveston for 4 days. Let me know if you would like his direct number or visit his Facebook page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, here is my report on Galveston Express Shuttle. On Sunday, July 31st, our driver "Ben" was 15 minutes early for our 10:30 am reservation and when we got to the port area, traffic was backed up, but he knew a few of the tricks to get around the traffic and got us to the terminal fairly quickly. Today, August 7th, we were fortunate to have Ben as our driver again. He was almost 10 minutes early for our 12 noon reservation and had us to Hobby airport by 12:45 pm. I have nothing but great things to say about the promptness, the professionalism of our driver, cleanliness of the shuttles and the overall service. The only negative is that we got through customs so quickly (without using a porter either) and we had to wait outside for over an hour before our scheduled time. With all the horror stories of going through customs in Galveston, I was expecting 45 minutes to an hour and it was maybe 5 minutes at most.

So "Yes", I would use them again and "Yes", I would recommend them.

As promised, here is my report on Galveston Express Shuttle. On Sunday, July 31st, our driver "Ben" was 15 minutes early for our 10:30 am reservation and when we got to the port area, traffic was backed up, but he knew a few of the tricks to get around the traffic and got us to the terminal fairly quickly. Today, August 7th, we were fortunate to have Ben as our driver again. He was almost 10 minutes early for our 12 noon reservation and had us to Hobby airport by 12:45 pm. I have nothing but great things to say about the promptness, the professionalism of our driver, cleanliness of the shuttles and the overall service. The only negative is that we got through customs so quickly (without using a porter either) and we had to wait outside for over an hour before our scheduled time. With all the horror stories of going through customs in Galveston, I was expecting 45 minutes to an hour and it was maybe 5 minutes at most.

So "Yes", I would use them again and "Yes", I would recommend them.

THANK YOU so very much! I was on the fence and so unsure. As we only need the shuttle to get us from the airport to Galveston (no time constraints-we are touring Galveston for a day before the cruise) I will not worry about time and go ahead and make a reservation. We, too, were nervous about the bad reviews of Galveston port, but hope we have the good experience you did. Much appreciation!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Use Kent at GalvestonTaxiKent on Facebook. He is an independent contractor with Yellow Cab with very competitive rates. We basically used him as our personal driver while in Galveston for 4 days. Let me know if you would like his direct number or visit his Facebook page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd appreciate Kent's number for our upcoming staying before going on the Carnival Freedom 10/8.

• 2 weeks later...
Any "recent" users of Galveston Express?

Between Yelp & Trip Advisor, it appears there are very mixed reviews, even recently. We still do not have a shuttle from IAH to Galveston in Sept.

Please help!

Just got back from the Carnival Freedom and used Galveston Express RT. I have to say that after reading some mixed reviews I was a little scared to use them but I am happy to report that they were fantastic!! They were there on time both times and I even got to get on an earlier shuttle to the airport as I walked off the ship with my luggage. The van was roomy and new and both drivers were awesome!! If I ever sail out of Galveston again I will definitely use them.

• 8 months later...
They are "new" however they are already getting rave reviews both here (cruise critic) and yelp in addition to that social media site we're not allowed to mention here.

I can tell you that their customer service is top notch - I have been in touch with the owner several times via messenger (on that unmentionable site) and have received a response each time, in detail, and in a very short period of time.

I am putting my money where my mouth is & have booked a one way for us at the end of our cruise. :)

I booked through them, because they had good reviews, only fo find they don't know what customer service is, they will rip you off if they can. they are not as advertised, it is in no way a private shuttle, they will cram you in with anyone they can, and will cheat you if they can. It was the worst way to spend the first day of my travels. I have even disputed the charges, they won't budge. and they were jerks on the phone. spread the word

Don't be fooled by the reviews you see online, they do not give all the reviews a chance to be online. I have posted numerous negative ones and they get deleted or never make it to the site. They have stolen my money and my credit card wont even back me on it. They have no idea what customer service is, it is not a private shuttle as they advertise, and will rip you off if they can. That was my personal experience.

Honestly if your tone on the phone came across like your tone comes across to me here, I might well understand why that telephone conversation went badly.

I have not yet used them, but booking on line was super easy. Even if they do have a surly guy here or there, I have thick enough skin....I probably can handle it. And even if I end up not really liking their services, I am glad for new entrant in that market...the competition is much needed.

No matter what any website might say, of course they will not rent you a private shuttle if all are fully booked for shared service that day. If they had more shuttles and drivers available that day, they'd naturally have been selling them as shared service. Reasonable to ask, but the answer is unsurprising. Bottom line, you were are too late, especially for a large party, so get over it and move on.

Other options...How about super shuttle? Or Cool Tours? Or google other car/van services. I'm not local, so I do not have experience with them, but some have been in the market a long time...I do not know if you will like their prices, but if this new outfit did not exist (and if you are too late, they might as well not exist), you be using those.

Or maybe take a taxi to Texas city, rent a large vehicle, drive back to port, pick up the rest of your party and drive yourself to airport.

Check out Galveston Limo they have many large bus limos and variable person load vehicles . Most importantly schedule to from airports and terminals and hotels are numerous all day long and evenings 7 days a week.

Booking online may be easy, they are eager to take your money, but when you cancel the service, they don't refund you, and when you ask for your money back, they tell you to screw off. they delete bad reviews off the internet. steal your money, don't follow thier own policy and make things up to make themselves feel better. of course i am surly and disgusted and angry, i have been taken advantage of and ripped off.