Construction between Houston and Galveston

gary2835

My DH is a native Houstonian and said the I-45 construction creates job security!! LOL

We lived in League City for many years and totally understand the construction life of driving that freeway daily--ugh.

Houston is now a nice place to visit for us as we are happily nesting elsewhere in Texas. And not looking forward to the drive to Galveston for a cruise in a few weeks...guess I should say not looking forward to the drive back home after the cruise as when you're headed TO Galveston for a cruise, it's sure easier then to just ignore the traffic headaches!!

My DH is a native Houstonian and said the I-45 construction creates job security!! LOL

We lived in League City for many years and totally understand the construction life of driving that freeway daily--ugh.

Houston is now a nice place to visit for us as we are happily nesting elsewhere in Texas. And not looking forward to the drive to Galveston for a cruise in a few weeks...guess I should say not looking forward to the drive back home after the cruise as when you're headed TO Galveston for a cruise, it's sure easier then to just ignore the traffic headaches!!

When you return for cruise you will experience the completions and improvements to I45 south past Beltway 8. Unless there are driver errors as in wrecks to slow you down. Yes There will construction forever in the future , but it will be mostly on feeders , HOV lanes and past Nasa One all the way to Galveston . Now I45 between Beltway 8 to NASA is 10 lanes. And feeders will be 6 lanes. We drove in 5 o'clock rush hour traffic both ways this week with no issues. Actually the worst stretch was from downtown to 610 loop. In the future the biggest monster construction project will be moving I45 from west to east of downtown and all the connections to various freeways there.