Applicability of Upcoming Perks?

BobInPa

I have a question regarding the possible applicability of any upcoming perks.

If I were to book a Summit cruise to Bermuda in May 2017 today, I would have my choice of 1 of the normal 4 perks. Let’s say that in the future I would be able to book the same cruise and get 2 or more perks.

Would I be able to call Celebrity and have them add the additional perks to my existing booking?

I have taken advantage of fare decreases in the past with a phone call, so I know that works.

I have never had a need to add a perk. But, if you are in the U.S., I would think that to do that you would have to pay the current fare at the time you make the change. Since the cost of the perks are built into the fares logic would say your fare would increase.

I have never had a need to add a perk. But, if you are in the U.S., I would think that to do that you would have to pay the current fare at the time you make the change. Since the cost of the perks are built into the fares logic would say your fare would increase.

Correct, sometimes it's not worth taking the extra perk if you fare has increased by more than the value of the perk ;).

I have a question regarding the possible applicability of any upcoming perks.

If I were to book a Summit cruise to Bermuda in May 2017 today, I would have my choice of 1 of the normal 4 perks. Let’s say that in the future I would be able to book the same cruise and get 2 or more perks.

Would I be able to call Celebrity and have them add the additional perks to my existing booking?

I have taken advantage of fare decreases in the past with a phone call, so I know that works.

On a recent cruise, we were able to add a second perk when it was offered much later after our original booking. But we were lucky that the price did not change, otherwise it may not have been worth it.

Thanks for the answers so far! But they have raised more questions:

Is there any possibility that the fare could go down and the number of Perks go up? If so, would I be able to get the lower price and improved perks?

If the fare goes down and I have accepted a perk will I be able to take advantage of the lower fare and not give up my existing perk?

Thanks in advance.

Answers assume you are in the US (I believe you are, but being explicit for others reading) and before final payment.

Is there any possibility that the fare could go down and the number of Perks go up? If so, would I be able to get the lower price and improved perks?

Yes and Yes.

If the fare goes down and I have accepted a perk will I be able to take advantage of the lower fare and not give up my existing perk?

Depends on whether the Perk(s) is still being offered with the current fare. Basically you can take advantage of current pricing (which includes Perks). So you get the current offer. You can't mix and match today's price with last weeks perks, if that makes sense.

Mike

Edited by mandream

Thanks in advance.

Before final payment you can do a lot. Still it depends. I have added a perk when they added a perk at the same fare. Later they reduced the price and I was able to keep the perks and get the fare reduction because they were still offering two perks on bookings. But on another occasion I had to give up the perks. That time it was worth giving up the perks, the fare reduction was better. It is not predictable. It is worth asking.

I also have experienced something similar to Charles 4515 for our May 2017 cruise. Initially booked it with one perk. Then a while after, saw that a second perk was available for our fare, I asked for it and it was granted, no money added. Subsequently, the go big, better and best was offered on our cruise. Contacted my TA, to assess if it would be possible to have a good deal for the Go Best program for the missing two perks. The TA contacted X and came back with a nice surprise. We had to add a bit of money to our initial fare, but we are very pleased with the outcome! Thank you X!

We have made changes to bookings 2 time.

1) I booked under 123go on board a Celebrity cruise. It was before final payment. I had seen on Celebrity website about get all 4 perks and Michael's Club with booking a suite. I call my TA and ask how much to changed my A1 cabin to a S1 suite and get all 4 perks. Yes I paid more for the cruise, but I was very happy with the additional OBC. unlimited internet and the change to premium drink package instead of classic.

2) Just the other day after final payment. If I canceled Celebrity would get 50% so that was not a option. I call my TA about our up coming cruise. We have 123go promo in a A1 cabin. I wanted to change to get all 4 perks (best). Celebrity was great we got unlimited internet and the change to premium drink package instead of classic for very little money.

Thanks in advance.

Bob,

I have not seen that but have experienced booking with an offer for a really low fare without any perks, close to sailing. No perks were worth at the price offered. We did get the TA's promos.

You can take advantage of the lower price but kiss the perks goodbye.

Edited by Arzeena