Rainforest & Golf

sjskrea86

Just wondering if anyone has down the El Yunque Rain Forest and if it is worth it? Is it better to book through the cruise or on your own.

Also, my husband is a golfer. I'm looking into him playing 9/18 holes somewhere during the cruise. Ports are St. Maarten, San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassau - any ideas on the best place to try.

I did see another post mentioning a Dooney & Bourke and a Coach outlet store in San Juan. Is anyone familiar with these? If so, are the prices a lot different than here? My daughter just loves Coach so I thought that might be a great souvenier.

Thanks for your help.:)

• 2 weeks later...

The diference between booking thru the cruise ship is that your Tour is going to be very short low impact (no choice)...Tour drivers are going to leave you on your own on the Trail with no explanation of the Tour at all. Contrary with us we are a guided Tour and will give you a choice of a Hicking long trail almost 2 miles or a low impact trail your choice .

Best Regards

Andres

www.puertoricoexcursions.com

Just wondering if anyone has down the El Yunque Rain Forest and if it is worth it? Is it better to book through the cruise or on your own.

Also, my husband is a golfer. I'm looking into him playing 9/18 holes somewhere during the cruise. Ports are St. Maarten, San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassau - any ideas on the best place to try.

I did see another post mentioning a Dooney & Bourke and a Coach outlet store in San Juan. Is anyone familiar with these? If so, are the prices a lot different than here? My daughter just loves Coach so I thought that might be a great souvenier.

Thanks for your help.:)

SJSKREA86,

We were in PR last year and El Yunque is beautiful. My dad was stationed down there so we had our own personal tour guide. Just make sure you have enough time with the private tour to get back to the ship ~ unless you are doing this before/after your cruise. I can't help you with the golf....but there is both a Coach outlet and a Dooney and Bourke Store in Old San Juan but I didn't have the time to go. I would say to at least check it out - I think there is also a Coach outlet in St Thomas.

Archived