Hampton Inn San Juan

lexingtonave

If anyone has stayed at the Hampton Inn in San Juan, pre or post cruise, can you give me your impressions. Is the area nice, the pool, and how far from the beach?

I've looked at a number of hotels for a post cruise stay of about two days, and some of the prices are just too much for me.

So, if you have been to the Hampton Inn, help.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in February both before and after our cruise. It is not a resort hotel on the beach, but it is very nice. The rooms seem to have redone in the not too distant past. The pool area has an outdoor bar where you can also buy hamburgers and other bar foods. The hotel is close to the airport, so you can hear the airplanes when you are outside. Inside, we were not bothered by airplane noise. The beach is a short walk away and the hotel has beach things you can borrow. Restaurants are a short walk away, and the area seems safe at night.

We have stayed there several times and would stay there again. It seems to be popular for pre and post cruise stays as there were many guests with cruise luggage tags.

If anyone has stayed at the Hampton Inn in San Juan, pre or post cruise, can you give me your impressions. Is the area nice, the pool, and how far from the beach?

I've looked at a number of hotels for a post cruise stay of about two days, and some of the prices are just too much for me.

So, if you have been to the Hampton Inn, help.

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn a few times. We liked it. We wouldn't have a problem staying there again. We either stay at the Hampton Inn or the Embassy suites. We aren't pool people but the pool area is very nice and there is a pool side grill there also. Excellent hamburgers. Not sure how close the Hampton is to the beach. You could call the hotel and ask them.

Edited by davekathy

This is another vote for Hampton Inn. I have stayed there twice. The room was very nice and so were the personnel. It is very close to the cruise port. I liked the pool bar where we could order food and beverages. They also don't have an extra "resort fee" added to the price of the rooms like most of the other hotels.

We stayed there a few years ago and it was really nice. Rooms were great and walking distance to stores and a few restaurants. It was so nice that when we disembarked, we got a day rate room before our evening flight.

I just booked the Hampton for November:).....I have stayed in this

area before and if memory serves, I think there are restaurants within

walking distance of the hotel. And I read on their website that this hotel

offers a Happy Hour too:)

Hi Nat:)

Edited by Lois R

We stayed at the Hampton Inn after our Summit cruise in March of this year. They were very nice and we were able to check in at 10:30am. It was great to not have to wait. The pool is nice but I liked the pool at the Embassy Suites better. ES pool is larger and has a more tropical feel and didn't have the airplane noise. There were plenty of stores and restaurants to walk to. We stayed at the Embassy Suites precruise for our cruise last November on the Splendor

If I went back I would probably choose the Embassy Suites. For the following reasons:

Better breakfast

Better evening reception and it is every night, not so at the Hampton. ES is indoors in the atrium and Hampton's is by the pool. Hampton had very little choice of drinks.

Nicer Pool

ES provides chairs and umbrellas at the beach and someone there to set them up for you. You have to carry chairs to the beach from the Hampton.

Both charge the same 18% resort charge

So if the price isn't too much different I would choose the Embassy Suites. By the way we did stay in a King Suite with pool view at the Hampton. That room was very similar to the Embassy Suites room. So I was comparing similar rooms. They were both nice rooms.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn after our Summit cruise in March of this year. They were very nice and we were able to check in at 10:30am. It was great to not have to wait. The pool is nice but I liked the pool at the Embassy Suites better. ES pool is larger and has a more tropical feel and didn't have the airplane noise. There were plenty of stores and restaurants to walk to. We stayed at the Embassy Suites precruise for our cruise last November on the Splendor

If I went back I would probably choose the Embassy Suites. For the following reasons:

Better breakfast

Better evening reception and it is every night, not so at the Hampton. ES is indoors in the atrium and Hampton's is by the pool. Hampton had very little choice of drinks.

Nicer Pool

ES provides chairs and umbrellas at the beach and someone there to set them up for you. You have to carry chairs to the beach from the Hampton.

Both charge the same 18% resort charge

So if the price isn't too much different I would choose the Embassy Suites. By the way we did stay in a King Suite with pool view at the Hampton. That room was very similar to the Embassy Suites room. So I was comparing similar rooms. They were both nice rooms.

Thanks for your post:).....the difference is one is an Embassy Suites

and the other a Hampton Inn:D;).....usually ES are a higher end hotel.

Hampton Inn will be just fine for me for one night. Embassy is more

than I want to spend.