Sandals for Walking - Especially Onboard?

ramco

Lol, it is YOUR HOME when you are onboard so wear what you like are comfy in.

Personally, Mr Sloop & I tend to wear cushy leather flip flops / sandals when we are aboard during the day in our casual duds. So comfy, and can be easily kicked off to dip our feet in a pool... Or wiggle our toes in the lawn.

Nighttime, even formal nights you won't find me in a spikey pair of heels... Just not that comfy, especially so as the ships are pretty big and it is a substantial hike from bow to stern... And not unusual to do the trek a few times those nights (Photos with the Captain in the Atrium Midship - Dinner in the Aft Dining Room - Production Show in the Theatre Upfront - Cocktails Midship - Late Night Comedy in another venue - Dancing up top in the Sky Lounge... Lol, plus the walk back to your cabin !! )

Add in the fact hat if there is any rough water at all... And you don't want heels... You most definitely want good footing beneath you

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I have about six pairs of Sperry Topsider flip flop type sandals. I have decided that they are the only sandals I will ever buy. For some reason the sandals from the "boat shoe" maker are never slippery even on wet surfaces. I will probably bring about three pairs--one for pool, and two fancier ones for dinners and shows. I fell once a few years ago on the pool deck of a cruiseship and miraculously didn't get hurt. But it was enough to make me very aware of what can happen very quickly.

All I wear are sandals. Flip flops during the day to and from pool. Casual sandals but not flip flops on the ship when not going to the pool. At night I wear a dressier sandal and on formal nights I have dressy sandals with rhinestones.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Birkenstocks for me most of the time. Dressier sandles for dinner but still flats.

I do wear rubber thongs (flip flops to those in the USA) if going to the pool/spa as I have had a pair of birkenstocks ruined by water getting into the cork. It separated from the sole, but fortunately good old super glue helped out.

When doing very busy ports I wear sneakers or maybe you call them sports shoes, as it always involves a lot of walking in those places.

I have a pair of Teva Tirra sandals and a pair of Lands End Gatta slides. Got my Teva's at a discount on Ebay and the slides on clearance. Between those two I am set for everything from hiking to loafing around by the pool. I bring a pair of black ballet flats for dinner. They work with everything that I have and pack small. I did get a pair of L.E. water oxfords for my next trip because I didn't feel great about wearing the sandals through the rainforest ( not necessarily on a path). I love cruising in January because when I need to shop to replace cruise wear, everything is on clearance ;)

I have about six pairs of Sperry Topsider flip flop type sandals. I have decided that they are the only sandals I will ever buy. For some reason the sandals from the "boat shoe" maker are never slippery even on wet surfaces. I will probably bring about three pairs--one for pool, and two fancier ones for dinners and shows. I fell once a few years ago on the pool deck of a cruiseship and miraculously didn't get hurt. But it was enough to make me very aware of what can happen very quickly.

Cute! http://www.sperrytopsider.com/en/womens-shoes/?gclid=CISm2bHAw8ECFeRj7AoduzIA_g&cid=G_sl_womens Even the Water Sports shoes are adorable. Thanks!

I brought three pairs of cute flats to wear during the day on my last cruise. Unfortunately, me feet remained swollen the entire cruise and I either could not get them on or they were too uncomfortable to wear. Thank goodness I had sandals to wear!

Another vote for Crocs. We really dislike wet leather sandals. Don't tell the fashion police, but black Crocs are comfi with a Tux. No one looks at your feet.

I've been known to wear my "dress" crocs also;)

Thanks for admitting it.

I wore my new Bare Trap sandals back and forth to the store etc. with no problems. However, I walked about 1.5 miles in them at the mall to see how they would be on the ship ( one walks so much on board ) and got two awful blisters. So I won't be packing them.

I just hope I don't have a problem with getting a pedi next week because of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Live SAS shoes from Texas

Started with the sandals

Then dress sandals

Then between a little dressier than the walking sandals

I Walked and stood all over Europe last year on cobblestones and marble floors -- never did so much walking. They were great

Now DH has pair for men that he loves

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wear Keen sandals pretty much all the time on a cruise. They are extremely comfortable and are perfect for any shore excursion. Expensive, but worth every penny.

LOVE my keens. I have a pair of the whisper sandals that I bought 3-4 years ago, wore them to work almost every day spring through fall (they met the requirements that toes must be covered), wore them all over the caribbean on our cruise last year, wear them to the lake all the time and they still look good.