Airline Ticket gift $

Got2Cruise

Hi. I want to buy my 18 yo nephew an airline ticket to FL as a gift. I would charge it on under my name but his name would be on the ticket. Is there any problem with this. I seem to recall that the name on the ticket had to match the name on the charge card at one time. Thanks for any info.

Hi. I want to buy my 18 yo nephew an airline ticket to FL as a gift. I would charge it on under my name but his name would be on the ticket. Is there any problem with this. I seem to recall that the name on the ticket had to match the name on the charge card at one time. Thanks for any info.

No. People buy/pay for plane tickets all the time for other people. Just enter your nephew's name when it asks for passenger info. When you get to the billing section it should ask for the cc #, and billing name and address and you enter your info there.

I would charge it on under my name but his name would be on the ticket. Is there any problem with this. I seem to recall that the name on the ticket had to match the name on the charge card at one time.

No problem at all, it has never been a requirement. Otherwise, parents couldn't charge tickets for a family trip on a single credit card, and companies would have to make employees personally purchase tickets and reimburse them later.

What you're probably thinking about is the check-in kiosks at the airport. One lookup method is swiping the card that the tickets were purchased with. But it's just a convenient way to find and retrieve the info...you can also enter your name or your PNR.

Your nephew chose his aunt/uncle well! :)

Edited by kenish