Cups in dining room for kids - Royal Caribbean

This may be a silly question, but does anyone know if Royal Caribbean offers lids and straws on their cups in the MDR? My kids are more comfortable/less spills with a lidded cup and straw (like many restaurants usually have for kids). Just trying to see if I should pack a couple "take and toss" type cups or if I can leave that off the packing list.

I'm not sure although I don't remember seeing them but I've never looked for them. Just take a reusable plastic cup or bottle each that you can on shore and in the restaurant if needed. That's what we take for our daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not familiar with RCL however have gone Carnival and here is 1 possible alternative.

If there is a coffee shop on board, do they have paper cups with lids? If yes, pop in there at the start of the cruise, grab a few empty cups and lids, than each night take along a "make your own" sippy cup. Paper cup, lid and a straw from the bar. Just make a small hole in lid and stick the straw in. Just make sure your steward knows that they aren't garbage and doesn't clean them up!!

We do a fair bit at restaurants when they don't have appropriate glasses for kids.

Have a great time!!

You can of course get straws...but when we sail with toddler grandkids we bring the take & toss cups...but we do use them more than once....we easily wash them out in our cabin with hot water & soap...then toss as needed.

The straws they have on independence don't bend at the top, so make it difficult for a child to drink from unless they stand up/knee on a chair.take a pack of flexi straws for an easy life. X

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...