Celebrity Cruises - On the Way to Reflection

Celebrity Cruises - BPP

Cruise Critic Members and Readers,

It's been a busy few weeks and the team said it would be a good time for me to touch base with everyone. They even allowed me to have my own handle for Cruise Critic (I'm moving on up in the world).

Last evening I left Miami and began my trip to join Celebrity Reflection as she leaves Meyer-Werft very early Sunday morning and makes her way to the North Sea up the River Ems.

I just arrived in the UK to visit my colleagues here for a couple of days prior to heading to "the yard".

Over the next few days, I'll be our designated blogger for the event and also be doing some Facebook updates in conjunction with my colleagues from Germany. It will be great to see them. They have such tremendous pride in having the Solstice class ships built in their homeland.

Look for a blog post over the next couple of days. If you'll indulge me, I'll be reminiscing back to 2006 when I first joined the Celebrity Marketing team after 2 years of leading our Celebrity Revenue Management team (yes, Marketing is more fun than Revenue Management). It was a great honor to be among such a talented group of professionals in the development of our Solstice class. It's definitely one of my most cherished career moments.

Please bear with me as I’m kind of new to posting on “blogs” and “FaceTube” (sorry, Facebook). If I can find an appropriate handle for the occasion, they’ve convinced me that I might even be capable of “tweeting”. For this assignment, I had to go to my two teenage sons for a few lessons. In learning from them, I was reminded of one my favorite Oscar Wilde quotes: “I’m not young enough to know everything.”

I look forward to sharing my experiences over the next few days and hopefully share some stories from the early days of developing the Solstice class (with the intention of not boring you.)

Thanks for everyone’s continued interest and support of our great brand. Your enthusiasm drives us to new heights each time we deliver new destinations, new products, and most definitely our new ships.

Sincerely…..Brian

Brian P. Powell

Celebrity Marketing

Thanks for posting Brian !!

Enjoy your trip and the wonderful experience that awaits you. We'll be looking forward to your reports, and your sharing of an insiders look at the Reflection and the people who are proudly responsible for her !!

Enjoy !!

Woody

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It is very nice to have a first-hand report on the progress of your beautiful new ship.

Celebrity should start its own Pinterest page and post pictures there also. Its the fastest growing social media network - especially with women!

Brian:I too would like to welcome you to Cruise Critic. Looking forward to your reports from Reflection as it joins the fleet. I will have to wait until January 26th to experience her first hand.

Hi Orator,

I look forward to your updates. We had booked the Dec 5th & 8th sailings, but have cancelled. Sure wish we could have been there... I was so excited to see the ship.

• 1 month later...
Cruise Critic Members and Readers,

It's been a busy few weeks and the team said it would be a good time for me to touch base with everyone. They even allowed me to have my own handle for Cruise Critic (I'm moving on up in the world).

Last evening I left Miami and began my trip to join Celebrity Reflection as she leaves Meyer-Werft very early Sunday morning and makes her way to the North Sea up the River Ems.

I just arrived in the UK to visit my colleagues here for a couple of days prior to heading to "the yard".

Over the next few days, I'll be our designated blogger for the event and also be doing some Facebook updates in conjunction with my colleagues from Germany. It will be great to see them. They have such tremendous pride in having the Solstice class ships built in their homeland.

Look for a blog post over the next couple of days. If you'll indulge me, I'll be reminiscing back to 2006 when I first joined the Celebrity Marketing team after 2 years of leading our Celebrity Revenue Management team (yes, Marketing is more fun than Revenue Management). It was a great honor to be among such a talented group of professionals in the development of our Solstice class. It's definitely one of my most cherished career moments.

Please bear with me as I’m kind of new to posting on “blogs” and “FaceTube” (sorry, Facebook). If I can find an appropriate handle for the occasion, they’ve convinced me that I might even be capable of “tweeting”. For this assignment, I had to go to my two teenage sons for a few lessons. In learning from them, I was reminded of one my favorite Oscar Wilde quotes: “I’m not young enough to know everything.”

I look forward to sharing my experiences over the next few days and hopefully share some stories from the early days of developing the Solstice class (with the intention of not boring you.)

Thanks for everyone’s continued interest and support of our great brand. Your enthusiasm drives us to new heights each time we deliver new destinations, new products, and most definitely our new ships.

Sincerely…..Brian

Brian P. Powell

Celebrity Marketing

What ever became of Brian??

Where is his info??

Archived