Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Oceania Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Oceania Cruises
Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forums

Old September 13th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Computer Lab - Nautica

Do the computers in the Nautica Computer Lab have USB ports? I have a bunch of info about ports, etc on a memory stick which I would like to be able to look at during the cruise. Also are there printers which can be used?

I have seen where they will let you download your pictures from your digital camera cards to their server and then burn you a CD for $15. Can I just bring my own CDs and burn them myself or can I just save them to my memory stick?

Thanks-

Old September 13th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Last year my DH did just that on the Insignia. Took his time composing an email with pictures on the laptop and then just took the thingy to the lab and sent it. Can you tell I don't do much on the computer? I don't think every computer was equipped to do it but a couple were. Now it might be different since the refurbishment.

Mo

Old September 14th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreett
Do the computers in the Nautica Computer Lab have USB ports? I have a bunch of info about ports, etc on a memory stick which I would like to be able to look at during the cruise. Also are there printers which can be used?

I have seen where they will let you download your pictures from your digital camera cards to their server and then burn you a CD for $15. Can I just bring my own CDs and burn them myself or can I just save them to my memory stick?

Thanks-
The laptops and desktops have USB ports. The computers are all networked to a black and white HP laserjet printer - one in the lab, and one in the library. Unlike some cruise lines, printing is complimentary. The printers, however, are set to greyscale in order to conserve toner.

I considered the memory stick approach, but with the price of photo storage media dropping, I figured it was more efficient just to pop in another memory card into my camera, instead of downloading all the images from the camera to my online account, and then onto my memory stick. I had better things to spend my time on, like planning my next day's itinerary!

Old September 21st, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Location: near Philadelphia, PA; Delray Beach, FL; Margate, NJ
Default Using USB NOT in computer lab

You can do the USB thingy in the ship's library free of charge. If you use the computer lab, they charge you.

I downloaded my camera from my memory card reader --> HD via MY DOCUMENTS and then --> my USB flash drive in the library.

Yes, there is even a printer there too.

lmass44@comcast.net
http://lynnemassphotography.smugmug.com/

Old September 21st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Not true

"If you use the computer lab, they charge you."

You can use the computer lab to upload your pictures and to 'play' with them without charge. The only charge comes if you decide to burn a CD at the end of the trip. I should mention that this was true as on April, 2006. Maybe they have changed their policy now, but that's how it was then.

Last edited by digby; September 21st, 2006 at 04:11 PM.

Old September 21st, 2006, 09:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Our experience was the same as Digby's, only charged if you burned a CD. Did you log into internet usage in the lab by chance and get charged because of that? We saw USB's in the lab and they had a multi card reader you could use, the 2 computers in the library also had USB cards and a printer there.