Nassau: Hotel/Resort day passes. Which did you choose and why?

Ahall2015

Which day pass did you buy and why? Just looking for input. No particular price range, just looking for opinions and reviews good or bad if you have any.

Don't even know where to start to research this there are so many options.

TIA!!

We've done day passes at Melia (when it was Sheraton), RIU, Sandals and Breezes.

• Melia because their day pass was inexpensive and we didn't need food since our ship didn't arrive until noon. Several pools and water sports.

• RIU because Cabbage Beach is beautiful. Small pool with swim-up bar. All-inclusive.

• Sandals because we wanted something a little more upscale and romantic that day. All-inclusive, adults-only.

• Breezes because it looked fun. All-inclusive, fun staff, small pool and nice beach.

We had great days at all of them. It really just depends on what you're looking for.

Edited by CruisinCrow

We booked the British Colonial Hilton and LOVED it! It is within walking distance which saved on transportation and we had access to a beach that wasn't crowded, a nice pool with Food & Beverage credits to boot. We booked it online. We paid a deposit then paid the remainder when we arrived at the resort. We would go here again.

See my pics below....

DSC_0419_zpso7cldhfj.jpg

DSC_0386_zpsiudsfzae.jpg

DSC_0385_zpsuun6l12p.jpg

DSC_0423_zps9yibxftn.jpg

Here is a pic of the menu so you can see how far the F&B credit will go. We had 8 people and found that we had to have more frozen beverages than we had planned to use it all up!

DSC_0410%202_zpswex0xciv.jpg

We did Atlantis twice, off season, and had a blast.

We did the Hilton, very easy (but back in the day when it was $15).

We did the Melia when it was the Sheraton, liked the property a lot more than the Hilton (better pools and beach), and enjoyed the taxi there and back (driver was like a tour guide, talking the whole time).

We didn't eat at any of the properties, but the Daquiri Shack is outside of the Melia, and the Fish Fry is on the way back to the ship.

How much is the Melia and is it within walking distance from where the Breakaway docks?

Melia is about 5 miles away from the cruise port. You'll need to take a taxi or the #10 bus. The only day pass option within walking distance is the British Colonial Hilton.

I believe Melia has a couple of different price options, depending on if you include lunch. Sorry, I don't have recent prices.

I'm impressed. The menu includes a veggie burger!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm impressed with the British Colonial Hilton too, and plan to go there. I emailed them yesterday, and they replied right away with this info:

"The British Colonial Hilton does offer Day Passes to guests. The price for the Day passes is $65.00 per adult, kids half price (6ys-12yrs). Children 5 and under free with each paying adult. The Day Pass includes access to the hotel's pool, beach, kayak equipment, towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, and lunch ($40 food and beverage voucher). Day Pass tickets are sold online at these suggested sites at $60.00 per adult. Please check link for availability and online purchase option, http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm; http://www.bahamasdaypass.com or http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabch.htm . Snorkeling is also available with your day pass (Snorkel gear ,If available).The Day Pass starts from 9 am (lifeguard on duty until 5pm). Please check with the Front Desk upon arrival The Day Passes are only sold with the Food and Beverage voucher and cannot be sold separately from the Day Pass. If you should have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact me. Once again thank you for choosing the British Colonial Hilton."

This is good customer service! Oh - and it's a short walk from the dock.

Edited by Queensmom2

We were at the British Colonial Hilton last Saturday and thought it was well worth the money, even though a last minute itinerary change by RCI meant we didn't arrive in Nassau until noon. Despite the late arrival, we had no trouble finding a covered lounger bed in the pool area. The grounds are beautiful.

The food was better than expected. However, service was slow so either take your patience or be prepared to go to the bar to place orders. They were also out of several different types of fruit daiquiris. The ease and convenience to port more than made up for the minor inconveniences.

24638939365_4868ed9684_z.jpg[/url]

24556749071_55b4654d3a_z.jpg

24010800584_bf00f1c426_z.jpgIMG_4066

24530589092_1ce8d47ce6_z.jpg[/url]

24343401080_b4f7cbbaf8_z.jpg

Thanks everyone for sharing these beautiful photos, I have booked online for the British Colonial for our day in Nassau in March.

A quick question....we are in port 1:30 to 11:59pm, I know the lifeguard/pool bar are open until 5:00, are we able to stay there later, thinking until 7:00 (sunset is not till then because of the time change in March).

If you go to resort for a day on the web you can book the Hilton with a 12.00 deposit and 48.00 upon arrival. That is a total of 60.00 with a 40.00 f and b voucher. That is what I plan to do in August. Thanks for the pictures. By the way there are others on there for Nassau and really all around the islands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for sharing these beautiful photos, I have booked online for the British Colonial for our day in Nassau in March.

A quick question....we are in port 1:30 to 11:59pm, I know the lifeguard/pool bar are open until 5:00, are we able to stay there later, thinking until 7:00 (sunset is not till then because of the time change in March).

You won't be kicked out, but the lounges will be stacked, towels collected, toys, kayaks etc chained up and the pool closed.

This is the same for all the day passes. The shift changes, so they want to move inside.

Edited by scubagirrl

• 2 weeks later...
If you go to resort for a day on the web you can book the Hilton with a 12.00 deposit and 48.00 upon arrival. That is a total of 60.00 with a 40.00 f and b voucher. That is what I plan to do in August. Thanks for the pictures. By the way there are others on there for Nassau and really all around the islands.

Just a note that I just came back from an EC cruise with RC and was at the British Colonial Hilton on March 8th. I would highly recommend it! It was an easy 10-minute walk from the Port, and it's a lovely hotel. The beach wasn't crowded at all (we were there from 9:30 am - 1:00 pm). My kids used the snorkling equipment and swam in the ocean and pool. The food and drinks were great. I had booked this the week before on (http://www.resortforaday.com).