Booking Shows on MSC Seaside and other questions

Andy1850

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this or not....I have a year to think about it.

Do you need to book seats in advance for the shows in the Theatre? I know the Seaside will have the MSC for Me app. I am guessing it will be the same as the Meraviglia, what do they do?

Another question while I am at it....will the rooms open with the Wrist Band they give you? Kinda like Disney.

I know a lot has not been announced yet....any help or guesses appreciated.

IF things on Seaside are done similarly to Meraviglia then you will book the shows in advance when onboard. There are various ways of doing it on Meraviglia including screens shipwide and on the TV in your cabin. Supposedly able to do it thru' the MSC for Me app, too. It wasn't working when we were onboard.

The wristbands did work to open the cabin doors on Meraviglia and also on the access doors to YC for YC guests. We stopped using ours after a couple of days, though, as you still needed your cruisecard when getting on and off the ship and didn't want to lose the habit of always carrying the cruisecard.

• 5 weeks later...
IF things on Seaside are done similarly to Meraviglia then you will book the shows in advance when onboard. There are various ways of doing it on Meraviglia including screens shipwide and on the TV in your cabin. Supposedly able to do it thru' the MSC for Me app, too. It wasn't working when we were onboard.

The wristbands did work to open the cabin doors on Meraviglia and also on the access doors to YC for YC guests. We stopped using ours after a couple of days, though, as you still needed your cruisecard when getting on and off the ship and didn't want to lose the habit of always carrying the cruisecard.

Now that's interesting! Another example of the law on unintended consequences. I guess MSC didn't think of that when they discussed the bands.