Wind issues in bow cabin 7000 on the Sirena

Galan32

When booking our trip , Venice to Barcelona, the TA told us that the wind would not be a problem in a bow cabin after my wife asked about wind on the veranda. After looking thru old posts here it appears that the wind would be an issue.

Has anyone been in a bow cabin that can confirm this. We have booked already but if it is an issue hopefully we can obtain another room on deck 7.

Thanks for your replys, Gary

When booking our trip , Venice to Barcelona, the TA told us that the wind would not be a problem in a bow cabin after my wife asked about wind on the veranda. After looking thru old posts here it appears that the wind would be an issue.

Has anyone been in a bow cabin that can confirm this. We have booked already but if it is an issue hopefully we can obtain another room on deck 7.

Thanks for your replys, Gary

There sure is a wind issue in the bow cabins when at sea. Can not use the veranda. Much too windy. But the views are great so it all is a trade off. Spent 24 days in a Vista Suite a few years ago so we know all about the issues.

"AND there is a restriction on illumination after dark"

Could you explain the above please, Thanks, Gary

Sure:

The front cabins are close enough to the navigating bridge that light from them after dusk disturbs the officers vision in the same way that turning on the interior lights in a moving car makes it more difficult to see.

Therefore, lighting on those veranda must remain extinguished, and the drapes on forward facing windows and doors must remain drawn after dusk.

The first time we were in a Vista on Marina we got a call one night asking us to turn the outside lights off since they were bothering the bridge. But we didn't have any lights on outside! It turned out that when the cabin stewards had prepared the room while we were at dinner they had left the curtains a little bit open. So what the bridge was seeing was the reflection from inside the living room.

After that we were very careful to make sure the drapes were totally closed.

Mura

We were in 7001 on the maiden voyage on Sirena and loved it. Remember when you are approaching a port the ship is moving slowly and you have a ringside seat. We watched the crew ready the anchor for tender ports and the senior crew on the bow. The cabins all around us, the people came out every morning to watch the entry with coffee in hand. Venice, Kotor, Malta, Monte Carlo etc. all fabulous from the front of the ship. You generally travel at night and we never had a problem with the wind or the need to turn off the lights. I would book this again without hesitation.

Absolutely concur with this report, especially since we were onboard the same voyage and can only add that you do tend to get better acquainted with the other passengers in forward cabins as most of you are out enjoying arrivals and departures. Good fun and well worth the location as long as you are not prone to seasickness and enjoy fresh air. We have never had a problem with wind, although it did blow hard a few times - in fact I enjoy when it does, but this is not everyone's cup of tea.this

We were in 7001 on the maiden voyage on Sirena and loved it. Remember when you are approaching a port the ship is moving slowly and you have a ringside seat. We watched the crew ready the anchor for tender ports and the senior crew on the bow. The cabins all around us, the people came out every morning to watch the entry with coffee in hand. Venice, Kotor, Malta, Monte Carlo etc. all fabulous from the front of the ship. You generally travel at night and we never had a problem with the wind or the need to turn off the lights. I would book this again without hesitation.

On my car I have this big piece of glass that goes in front of me, top to bottom, can any one help me...what is is called and why is it there?;):confused::o

You are driving your car or someone else is. You are not driving the ship. The bridge is behind big windows, not out in the open as are the verandas in the front of the ship. Much too windy when at sea.