Transatlantic on the crown

JAN2355

We are new to Princess having only cruised on Celebrity and are doing a 15 day transatlantic cruise in two weeks time and wondered if anyone had any tips or information that would help us. What is the weather normally like mid Atlantic in September? We are in a Vista suite - any information - does the steward do anything extra for us as it's a suite? If we want afternoon tea in our suite does he bring it? We would like to do the galley tour - how do we arrange that? Has anyone done this cruise in the past and able to tell us anything that could help us. Sorry about all the questions but would be grateful for any help.

On Crown be sure to check out Adagio. It's across from Sabatini's on deck 16 (Sun Deck). Due to it's location many never even know it's there. Nice, quiet venue and there is also public deck space right outside.

We are new to Princess having only cruised on Celebrity and are doing a 15 day transatlantic cruise in two weeks time and wondered if anyone had any tips or information that would help us. What is the weather normally like mid Atlantic in September? We will be on our first TA in early November so I can't answer that except to say September is one of the busiest months in hurricane season but of course the captain can modify the route to avoid serious weather. We are in a Vista suite love the layout and if you are on Dolphin deck (our favorite Vista suites) you'll have a very large balcony- any information - does the steward do anything extra for us as it's a suite? He will take your free laundry - just fill out the laundry card and fill the bag(s) provided during his/her morning or evening service and return it - clothes on hangers and smalls in a new bag. If we want afternoon tea in our suite does he bring it? Afternoon tea is brought by room service. We would like to do the galley tour - how do we arrange that? Three options - sign up at the Passenger Srvices Desk for the Ultimate Ships Tour ($150 per person) when you board since that includes a trip to the galley and metting the chef; sign up for the Chef's Table at the Passenger Services Desk (don't know the current price) since that includes a trip to the galley with hors d'oeurves and a talk with the Chef and Maitre'd; attend the Chef and Maitre'd's presentation -usually on the last sea day - that is free and includes a walk thru of the galley. Has anyone done this cruise in the past and able to tell us anything that could help us. Sorry about all the questions but would be grateful for any help.

See notes in red. We were on the Crown Princess for 31 days last winter. I enthusiastically concur with Trak's recommendation to visit Adagio's - that was our go to location for pre-dinner drinks. Also don't miss out on the breakfast for full suite passengers only in Sabatinis. It's a wonderful way to start the day! I also recommend the Ultimate Ship Tour and the Chef's Table. Just do a search on those topics to get more information.

Full Suites get Breakfast at Sabatini's. It is a special breakfast for full suite passengers only. For other meals you have the option of Club Class dining. This is a special section of the DR where you can walk in anytime you like.

On the Crown suggest you attend the show "Magic to Do." It is a musical show just under one hour long produced by Steven Swartz. If you attend the 8pm show arrive at least 30 mins early. For the 10pm show you may be able to arrive a little later, but don't walk in the last min.

Every evening in Crooner's there will be a piano/singer entertainer usually starting at 9pm. It is a very popular location.

If you decide to sign up for the Chef's Table suggest you bring along closed toe shoes. My understanding is that you are not permitted in the operating galley with open toe shoes.

Like wine? Try Vines in the Piazza.

Full suite passengers can order room service from the full menu. Just ask.

Like espresso drinks? Consider the Cafe Select Card. You can look this up in your cruise personlizer.

See notes in red. We were on the Crown Princess for 31 days last winter. I enthusiastically concur with Trak's recommendation to visit Adagio's - that was our go to location for pre-dinner drinks. Also don't miss out on the breakfast for full suite passengers only in Sabatinis. It's a wonderful way to start the day! I also recommend the Ultimate Ship Tour and the Chef's Table. Just do a search on those topics to get more information.

Thank you so much for all your help - will certainly be looking into your recommendations.

Full Suites get Breakfast at Sabatini's. It is a special breakfast for full suite passengers only. For other meals you have the option of Club Class dining. This is a special section of the DR where you can walk in anytime you like.

On the Crown suggest you attend the show "Magic to Do." It is a musical show just under one hour long produced by Steven Swartz. If you attend the 8pm show arrive at least 30 mins early. For the 10pm show you may be able to arrive a little later, but don't walk in the last min.

Every evening in Crooner's there will be a piano/singer entertainer usually starting at 9pm. It is a very popular location.

If you decide to sign up for the Chef's Table suggest you bring along closed toe shoes. My understanding is that you are not permitted in the operating galley with open toe shoes.

Like espresso drinks? Consider the Cafe Select Card. You can look this up in your cruise personlizer.

Thanks a lot - much appreciated - can't wait!!

If you decide to sign up for the Chef's Table suggest you bring along closed toe shoes. My understanding is that you are not permitted in the operating galley with open toe shoes. Correct. Plus you need to leave room in your luggage for a fairly heavy cookbook if you're flying.

See above.

Go to the Roll Call for Crown Princess. There is a very active thread and a lot of your questions can be answered there. We are also on that cruise and you can sign up for the Meet & Greet to meet other fellow passengers. If you want to do the Chef's Table, sign up immediately upon boarding because they fill up quickly. You can call the Dine Line to do that.

The weather can be chilly in Iceland. I suggest bringing clothes you can layer. And you can order afternoon tea in a suite. They bring it from the kitchen.

See you on board!

We are new to Princess having only cruised on Celebrity and are doing a 15 day transatlantic cruise in two weeks time and wondered if anyone had any tips or information that would help us. What is the weather normally like mid Atlantic in September? We are in a Vista suite - any information - does the steward do anything extra for us as it's a suite? If we want afternoon tea in our suite does he bring it? We would like to do the galley tour - how do we arrange that? Has anyone done this cruise in the past and able to tell us anything that could help us. Sorry about all the questions but would be grateful for any help.

I really hope it is smooth, as I would love to get some water skiing in behind the ship each day.

Do the behind the scenes tour. Sign up as soon as you get onboard. It should be a requirement for every first time cruiser to take that tour as your would appreciate what the ship staff goes through to make your cruise safe, fun and to feed everyone.

As for weather layering with a good rain jacket is the way to go. The impact of the weather on you is only a poor choice of clothing.

See you at the meet and greet.

Go to the Roll Call for Crown Princess. There is a very active thread and a lot of your questions can be answered there. We are also on that cruise and you can sign up for the Meet & Greet to meet other fellow passengers. If you want to do the Chef's Table, sign up immediately upon boarding because they fill up quickly. You can call the Dine Line to do that.

The weather can be chilly in Iceland. I suggest bringing clothes you can layer. And you can order afternoon tea in a suite. They bring it from the kitchen.

See you on board!

Thank you!

I really hope it is smooth, as I would love to get some water skiing in behind the ship each day.

Do the behind the scenes tour. Sign up as soon as you get onboard. It should be a requirement for every first time cruiser to take that tour as your would appreciate what the ship staff goes through to make your cruise safe, fun and to feed everyone.

As for weather layering with a good rain jacket is the way to go. The impact of the weather on you is only a poor choice of clothing.

See you at the meet and greet.

Thank you - look forward to watching the skiing!!

Vista Suite should allow you to order from the MDR menu to be delivered to the room. On debarkation day, I made sure the steward understood I would be using this perk for EVERY meal. He didn't appear overly pleased about it but I told him I wanted the MDR menus on time, every time. Then, I slipped him a C note and he was all smiles. MDR menus were always there on time! Ate one meal in the MDR the whole cruise. So relaxing to dine in the room. Let me know if you need pics of D736.

Vista Suite should allow you to order from the MDR menu to be delivered to the room. On debarkation day, I made sure the steward understood I would be using this perk for EVERY meal. He didn't appear overly pleased about it but I told him I wanted the MDR menus on time, every time. Then, I slipped him a C note and he was all smiles. MDR menus were always there on time! Ate one meal in the MDR the whole cruise. So relaxing to dine in the room. Let me know if you need pics of D736.

Thank you - yes any pics would be great.

you really gave him a hundred dollar bill to DO HIS JOB on top of $15.50 a day? :rolleyes: If you really did it was a disservice to those of us who expect the steward to actually do his job without a bribe.