Dining and Stateroom Questions - Oceania Insignia

cruisedad2

Hello. I have two questions. First, I need to be served dinner relatively promptly at 6:30pm due to a medical condition. Is service relatively quick, or is it slow in the Main Dining Room?

Second, if we book a Penthouse category suite, I noticed that it is underneath the pool, bar, and dining areas. Are they quiet, or is there noise from above? Thanks!

I've rarely noticed noise from above in a PH on any of the "R" ships but others have said that they did. It may depend on your personal tolerance for such sounds.

While we usually have prompt service in the GDR at dinner time (especially if we are at a table for two as opposed to a larger table), sometimes it can be slow. (We tend to eat later than you do.)

Given that you are opting for the opening time, I can see where that might cause a problem. All I can suggest is that you stress to your server that you need prompt service for medical reasons. I'm sure you aren't the only person in that situation.

Mura

Talk to the restaurant manager when you board about your medical issue. They may be able to make sure that you get something quickly in the gdr.

We have never heard noise in any ph on the r ships

If you are in a Penthouse your butler can deliver canapés around 5PM which might tide you over a bit longer. Or you can even order a first course in your suite and thing the the GDR for the rest of dinner. Or as suggested above, talk to the restaurant manager. IO'm sure thy'll do their best to accommodate you.

I agree, talk to them now--also have your TA talk to them. They will do everything they can once your on board. But once on the ship let them know again, checking is better just in case. Have a great cruise.

Rick

That they have a wonderful and vast selection of top quality things in the Terrace cafe.... and you can begin to eat in seconds... Much of the selection will come from the main dining room.

Also, you can tell your butler to get a menu and pre order your desires so it can be there right on the dot .

I have found if you arrive promptly at 6:30pm when the GDR opens by the time you place your order it may be 7 by the time the food arrives other than the bread basket which can come while you are looking at the menu

I agree talk to the Maitre'd & see if they can arrange for your food to arrive as you are seated ..it may mean pre ordering the night before

The other option is to eat in the Terrace when you can grab food promptly at 6:30 pm & be eating by 6:35