Restrooms to change clothes

princessme

Ok... I know this is a dumb question. But I want to wear a dress in Puerto Vallarta and Matzalan. Is there a place to change into my bathing suit later if we decide to get in the water?. I didn't really want to wear in under my dress.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think your question is too generic. The answer would depend on which beach (and even where on the beach) or whether you are using a resort that sells day passes...versus just walking onto a public beach. As a general rule, public beaches (not associated with a hotel/resort) do not have public changing facilities. But sometimes, it is possible to use a rest room at a nearby cafe/restaurant or even a public restroom to change.

What is more common is to simply wear your swim suit with a cover-up. If you swim, you simply dry in the sun and off you go. Here is Puerto Vallarta is quite acceptable to walk around town in swim suits (with a coverup).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Thank you Hank.

I thought about the cover ups, but we are visiting the Cathedral and I wanted to look respectful. I'm not sure what beach in PV or Matzalan. We are going to the Malecon in PV and taking a hop on/ hop off bus in Matzalan. Any beach ideas?. Cabo we are taking the whale excursion. That will be a cover up for sure. Cabo is mostly walking around after the excursion. I hope we can walk to Medano beach. Our time is short in Cabo.

Thank you Hank.

I thought about the cover ups, but we are visiting the Cathedral and I wanted to look respectful. I'm not sure what beach in PV or Matzalan. We are going to the Malecon in PV and taking a hop on/ hop off bus in Matzalan. Any beach ideas?. Cabo we are taking the whale excursion. That will be a cover up for sure. Cabo is mostly walking around after the excursion. I hope we can walk to Medano beach. Our time is short in Cabo.

We can only give you detailed advice for PV (our winter home) where we practically live on the beach :). Since you are planning to come into town (the Cathedral is in "Centro") it is only a short walk across the bridge to the southside (Old Town) where we have Playa Los Muertos. You will see plenty of folks on this beach (including DW and moi) and as you move south towards (and beyond) the pier there are plenty of cafes/restaurants with chairs and loungers on the beach. In many cases the chairs will be free as long as you spend some money on food/drinks. The cafes and restaurants all have their own rest rooms although you are generally not going to find showers or large changing facilities. As to the Cathedral, there are plenty of decent coverups that would probably suffice. Plenty of tourists/locals stop in the church wearing shorts. PV is a very informal place.

As to Playa Los Muertos, if you want to swim we suggest staying on the south side of the pier, where there is a sandy bottom and lifeguards. As you move north of the pier there are some rocks on the bottom which is not a good thing unless you are very familiar with the water. There are some better beaches in the area, but they would be a taxi or bus ride away from town.

Hank

Hank,

Since your there in the winter how cold is the water in early February if I wanted to swim?. You give a lot of detailed great information. I really appreciate it. I apologize for the remark on a different post about Walmart. I understand if you live there for the season you understand. But just out of curiosity if you shop there, is there anything worth buying that I can't buy back home?. Example: When in NM I purchased tons on NM red chili for much less than in California.

And who knows we may even see you hanging out at the beach, or do you avoid the days the cruise lines are there?.

Hank,

Since your there in the winter how cold is the water in early February if I wanted to swim?. You give a lot of detailed great information. I really appreciate it. I apologize for the remark on a different post about Walmart. I understand if you live there for the season you understand. But just out of curiosity if you shop there, is there anything worth buying that I can't buy back home?. Example: When in NM I purchased tons on NM red chili for much less than in California.

And who knows we may even see you hanging out at the beach, or do you avoid the days the cruise lines are there?.

I truly do not have a water thermometer but will give an educated opinion. The water temps here have really varied (a lot) from year to year. Last winter, the waters here in the Bay were warm all winter (probably around 80) and even the whales did not come into the bay (probably too warm for them). That was attributed to El Nino, which kept much of the Pacific warmer then the norm. This year, the water now seems more normal. I walked along the beach today (with feet in the water) and it felt like the mid to upper 70s....but its only early Jan. In the past the water does seem to cool down into February so I would guess you would find low to mid 70s in a month. For those used to swimming in the Pacific this probably feels pretty normal. I have never had an issue swimming in the Ocean in February although the first minute might be a shock.

Hank