Caribbean Princess Technical problems will persist into NEXT YEAR

Corfe Mixture

Just had the e-mail to tell me that, because of technical problems which limit the maximum speed of Caribbean Princess, the itinerary for our December 20th CHRISTMAS CRUISE has been changed.

So it would appear that the long running saga of Caribbean Princess's technical problems will persist into NEXT YEAR.

We will no longer visit St Maarten, where we were scheduled to arrive at 12.00 and leave at 10pm.

This will be replaced by St Thomas, but we will not arrive until 1.30 pm, which, although we still don't leave until 10pm, a departure at this time from any port is of no use whatsoever to the passengers unless they extend meal times!!

Antigua and St Kitts will be visited in reverse order, with the St Kitts visit being put back by one hour

Compensation offered is $50 per person, in the form of refundable OBC, for all passengers, which in our case is substantially less than 1% of the cost of the cruise. Think I might contact Princess and point out that some folks are paying a lot more than others and see if I can get my compensation increaed!!

This compensatory OBC is not, however, showing on the revised booking confirmation which came with the e-mail, so I guess I might need to take my original confirmation, along with me in case it doesn't appear when we board the ship.

Fortunately they have not put back the arrival in Fort Lauderdale from the scheduled 7am, which could have been a problem for us, as we are scheduled to fly out of West Palm Beach around 1.45pm.

Just had the e-mail to tell me that, because of technical problems which limit the maximum speed of Caribbean Princess, the itinerary for our December 20th CHRISTMAS CRUISE has been changed.

So it would appear that the long running saga of Caribbean Princess's technical problems will persist into NEXT YEAR.

We will no longer visit St Maarten, where we were scheduled to arrive at 12.00 and leave at 10pm.

This will be replaced by St Thomas, but we will not arrive until 1.30 pm, which, although we still don't leave until 10pm, a departure at this time from any port is of no use whatsoever to the passengers unless they extend meal times!!

Antigua and St Kitts will be visited in reverse order, with the St Kitts visit being put back by one hour

Compensation offered is $50 per person, in the form of refundable OBC, for all passengers, which in our case is substantially less than 1% of the cost of the cruise. Think I might contact Princess and point out that some folks are paying a lot more than others and see if I can get my compensation increaed!!

This compensatory OBC is not, however, showing on the revised booking confirmation which came with the e-mail, so I guess I might need to take my original confirmation, along with me in case it doesn't appear when we board the ship.

Fortunately they have not put back the arrival in Fort Lauderdale from the scheduled 7am, which could have been a problem for us, as we are scheduled to fly out of West Palm Beach around 1.45pm.

I am booked on the Caribbean Princess Sept 22 Transatlantic and the OBC amount is reflected in your Travel Summery in your cruise personalizer towards the last paragraph. Unless it has not really been finalized but assume so since Princess has sent email?

Wally

Thanks for the heads up. We are scheduled for an October Panama Canal sailing and didn't get an email, but our booking shows the itinerary has been changed. Our travel summary has a statement about the change and this:

As a goodwill gesture, each guest will receive a refundable credit of $50 USD applied to their onboard folio. We regret any disappointment these changes may cause, and look forward to welcoming you aboard Caribbean Princess.

If you're sailing on Caribbean Princess in the next few months you might want to check your travel summary for the notice (and OBC).

Interesting. We are booked in the Caribbean princess in January for a 14 day called Circle the Caribbean. We have not received any type of email. I will check cruise personalizer. Do you think the will the agents know about it if I call?

Interesting. We are booked in the Caribbean princess in January for a 14 day called Circle the Caribbean. We have not received any type of email. I will check cruise personalizer. Do you think the will the agents know about it if I call?

There was a change quite a while ago. Curaco was removed and Grand Turk added......no OBC was offered. No e-mail was sent either. Wish they would give OBC as they replaced an E-ticket with a A ticket. (Wonder how many will know what that means.) :D

Received the email for the November 20th Partial Panama Canal cruise this morning. Same $50 - Colon replaced with Cristobal and shortened some other port times.

With 2 tender ports and my mother being a full time wheelchair user, we weren't too concerned about ports anyways, this cruise was mostly due to price, availability of a window suite and going through the partial canal transit. I'm happy with the $150 OBC our cabin will receive.

With all these cruises booked on Caribbean Princess; who knows when they will have time to fix the engine problems. Since it just went thru drydock earlier this year; I assume Princess didn't think the problem was that bad; or they would have worked it during drydock.

At some point one would think that they would fix this permanently rather than keep offering OBC and changing itineraries. I'm on the 9/22 TA mostly as transportation back from the UK so it doesn't bother me too much that ports were dropped and changed. BUT after doing the east bound TA in the spring, this is one ship and crew that I will try really hard to avoid in the future.

I am interested in reading just what the average cruising speed is with the engine problem reducing the top speed.

Can someone who just returned report what the log of the Cruise reported the average speed was for their trip?

Princess has not posted what new reduced speed will be in any of their messages that state due to reduced speed changes will be made in ports to visit.

Bob

Thanks for the heads up. We are scheduled for an October Panama Canal sailing and didn't get an email, but our booking shows the itinerary has been changed. Our travel summary has a statement about the change and this:

As a goodwill gesture, each guest will receive a refundable credit of $50 USD applied to their onboard folio. We regret any disappointment these changes may cause, and look forward to welcoming you aboard Caribbean Princess.

If you're sailing on Caribbean Princess in the next few months you might want to check your travel summary for the notice (and OBC).

Suspect that the reason you didn't get the e-mail is because you booked through a TA.

We booked direct with Princess and when I say I got an email, what I actually got was an email with no introductory text.

In fact, it had no text other than the revised travel summary with the same paragraph as you have quoted from your on line travel summary and a paragraph in the 'IMPORTANT NOTICES' section explaining the change to the itinerary.

So, if you can see this on cruise personaliser and haven't been notified of the change, then I rather suspect that it is because your TA has not passed on the revised travel summary they received by email.

At some point one would think that they would fix this permanently rather than keep offering OBC and changing itineraries. I'm on the 9/22 TA mostly as transportation back from the UK so it doesn't bother me too much that ports were dropped and changed. BUT after doing the east bound TA in the spring, this is one ship and crew that I will try really hard to avoid in the future.

Since the crew is in constant change it'll be hard to avoid seeing the same guys on other ships.

I am booked on the January 13th sailing, 14 day cruise. I just checked my cruise account and found that the itinerary had been changed since the original booking. We are no longer scheduled for Curacao and Grand Turk has been added. I called Princess and the explanation I was given was that the port in Curacao was too busy the day our ship was scheduled to be there. Grand Turk has been added to replace Curacao.

I am booked on the January 13th sailing, 14 day cruise. I just checked my cruise account and found that the itinerary had been changed since the original booking. We are no longer scheduled for Curacao and Grand Turk has been added. I called Princess and the explanation I was given was that the port in Curacao was too busy the day our ship was scheduled to be there. Grand Turk has been added to replace Curacao.

I am on this same cruise. This change happened months ago.

Suspect that the reason you didn't get the e-mail is because you booked through a TA.

We booked direct with Princess and when I say I got an email, what I actually got was an email with no introductory text.

In fact, it had no text other than the revised travel summary with the same paragraph as you have quoted from your on line travel summary and a paragraph in the 'IMPORTANT NOTICES' section explaining the change to the itinerary.

So, if you can see this on cruise personaliser and haven't been notified of the change, then I rather suspect that it is because your TA has not passed on the revised travel summary they received by email.

Yep, you're right. Just got the email from the TA.

I am on this same cruise. This change happened months ago.

We're also on the same Caribbean Princess sailing (January 13th - 14 Day).

The replacing Curacao with Grand Turk happened MONTHS ago because of a scheduling conflict.

No additional changes yet.

We are sailing same ship 10/07 for 14 days & received same offer & the obc will not be applied until we board. They also changed St. M for St T.

We are also sailing with you & have not received an email, on calling Princess was told about credit to be on ship. Have to assume everyone will get it.

We are also sailing with you & have not received an email, on calling Princess was told about credit to be on ship. Have to assume everyone will get it.

Are you on the circle Caribbean in January 2018 leaving 1/13??