Rangiroa blue lagoon

Tiki,

Thank you for all your help with our Polynesian cruise in December!!!

You have been very helpful!!

Being in Polynesia for the first time, is the blue lagoon an excursion you would recommend?

Thanks

Steph

I love the Blue Lagoon ........... one of our favorite tours. However, it can be a bit rough getting there and you will need to wad through the water for about 75 yards to get from the boat to the motu ........ and there will be black tip sharks very close to you while your wading. They won't harm you but for the faint at heart it could be a tough thing to do.

The colors are amazing, the setting beautiful ......

I took this one a few years back ........

Rangiroa-BlueLagoon1of1_zpsf03ee716.jpg

Tiki,

Thank you for all your help with our Polynesian cruise in December!!!

You have been very helpful!!

Being in Polynesia for the first time, is the blue lagoon an excursion you would recommend?

Thanks

Steph

The boat trip there is long and rough, and we visited when the weather was calm. I had bruises on my behind for a week after! As Tiki mentioned there are many sharks and the guides fed them our lunch left overs. I found the snorkeling less interesting than ex: BoraBora, Raiatea. The coral & fish were not as colorful but the surroundings are beautiful.

I did this when we stayed at the Kia Ora resort for a week. But it's a long way for a day-trip from a cruise ship and if the ship isn't organising the excursion and the weather turns bad (which it often does out here) you can be marooned out there.

We have emailed both tour companies to see if they have availability on that day, but have not heard back. Do you suggest anyone else or should we keep trying?

Thanks

Steph

Those are the 2 main ones ............ sometimes it takes awhile to hear back.

I might also add things can change quickly in FP so who knows if they are still in business.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

I was there a few months ago and both tour companies were still in business.

Communication is very slow...keep trying to email. You could also join a group from your RollCall that has already reserved a private tour.

We have emailed both tour companies to see if they have availability on that day, but have not heard back. Do you suggest anyone else or should we keep trying?

Thanks

Steph

We had a confirmed reservation in April with Teravea. He never showed up. There were plenty of tour operators at the dock offering various tours though.

Edited by Kenswing

We finally heard back from Pa'ati tours with Leon and they do not take tours to the blue lagoon now. I wonder if there is another reputable company that I could e-mail about a tour to the blue lagoon.

Thanks for all your advice,

Steph

My suggestion would be to ask Leon for a referral to another company that does. As I mentioned, things can change quickly in FP so please do let us know if Leon gives you another company that goes there.

Thanks

Tiki

Tiki,

That's a great idea!! Hopefully I will get an answer soon.

:)

Steph

It's not like a huge population, Leon would know who is going out there ........

I always update new information ....... this helps when giving other people information in the future ......... Thanks

Edited by Tikiintahiti