Bora bora beaches

Manzana66

Hi we Will 2 nights in bora bora

Does anybody knows IF there Is a close public Beach by the pier, a walking distance fron the cruise drop off.

Technically all beaches are public, the secret is to get access to them.

Usually the major cruise lines have setup a bus service that takes you to Matira Beach and back on the cheap, like 5 or 10 bucks. Ask you cruise line if that is the case.

To answer your question, nothing close by with a good beach with easy access

Do you know how ,where it will be the best Way to be 2 nights in bora, bora we just want Bach and sea doo

Are you asking what is the best way to spend the 2 days on Bora Bora during your cruise?

You want a beach and Sea Doo ........... right?

Or are we talking about staying 2 nights before or after your cruise?

Yes, to stay 2 nights, alto do you know of There are any public beaches at rengigora

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I'm missing something in the communication. I suspect you speak French ........ could we use Google translate?

Sorry, but i have hard time with my ipad, we will stay 2 nights in bora bora with a cruise and i,m very surprised that they do not have a day beach excursion in any of the ports, im almost thinking to cancel the cruise, so if you have any info for the main islands of the French Polynesia, it Will be very much apreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Gauguin Cruises offers a 'Day at the Beach' in Bora Bora, which includes lunch, for $120 US.

I looked at Princess Cruises excursions and don't see a beach day offered. You can rent bikes or rent a car from the Vaitape dock area (this is where your cruise ship tender will take you) and transport yourself to a beach on the island.

Another idea is to contact your travel agent and ask about a resort 'day pass'. There are many resorts in Bora Bora and a day pass will allow you to use the resort facilities for the day.

Enjoy Tahiti! :)

Denise Blackmore, MCC

FYI ...........

On the 2 Princess cruises I took in FP, while in Bora Bora, the ship had arranged for R/T bus transportation to Matira Beach for 5 bucks, might be bit more now. This service was not on the excursions posted on-line but never less was available.

PG Cruises offers day use at both IC hotels for different fees. Both include a credit for lunch. Le Moana is the least expensive of the 2, The Thalasso is on a motu, 5 stars, incredible views of Mt Otemanu.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning,

We are planning the 10-18-2014 Princess Crown cruise to South Seas 28 day r/t - L/A-L/A

With great interest, we read your write-up re: transportation from Princess ship to Bora Bora Beach-but when we called Princess customer service they had no information but said sometimes the ship may make bus arrangements to a beach. We hope you can help us.

My wife and I are both seniors and are interested in seeing beaches in the South Sea Islands more than taking tours.

We would greatly appreciate your sharing your knowledge from your recent Princess transportation experience from the cruise ports in Apia; Bora Bora; Pago, Pago; Moorea and Papeete, Tahiti.

Thank you for your help.

Sailorwoman

Edited by Sailorwoman
update travel list

Moorea has Temae beach. You can take a taxi there or rent a car for the day.

If you do take a taxi make sure that you arrange pick up as well as transportation is spotty.

Alternatively you can visit Les Tipanniers have lunch there and use their beach as well.I dont care for this beach but thats a personal preference.

I actually prefer to pay for day use at a hotel like the Hilton though the beach is small the snorkelling is good and you can use the pool as well.

In Papeete the Radisson has a black sand beach and the meridien has a white sand beach.

I guess you could go to Matira beach in Bora Bora but personally I would book a day at a motu where the sand is soft and the water clear.