Booking online and problems!

Has anyone had any problems trying to complete the Cruise embarkation form that comes with the confirmation? Every time I try to access it I get an error message. Also I can't login to My Thomson even though I have the correct ref number. It tells me to check I have put in the correct email address I booked with, even though they're already sent my e-tickets to the same email!! Is it just me or can it be confusing? The last Thomson cruise we went on we book in the TA so didn't have this problem. It's so frustrating. Would welcome any advice. Thanks :)

Edited by ScottishTrish

There are two different booking numbers that you have to use. The first number will probably look like 2020/----- and the second number to log in will look like 2020---

Hope you manage to log in.

Sheila

Thanks, Sheila and Carolyn for your replies. I managed to login to do the API details so I should be ok for checking in online too, but I'm still struggling with the Cruise Embarkation Form and also My Thomson Cruise (Manage my booking) even though I'm using the booking reference numbers that they gave me via the original email, the one that starts with 2020. They don't recognize my email address, when I try to log in, which is really weird! Think I might have to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks again for your help

• 3 weeks later...

I've had problems with the API as well. I've now discovered that it's because although I booked with Thomson my flights are not with Thomson and therefore my booking reference doesn't get recognised on their API site. Apparently I can give this information at check in (and hold the queue up even longer!)

"Apparently I can give this information at check in (and hold the queue up even longer!)"

I would seek a second (expert) opinion on that one to confirm it's an acceptable practice.

I've always understood API needed to be submitted ahead of a flight - and giving it at check in is clearly less than ideal.

If there is any sort of clerical issue it could lead to a drama.

Maybe I'm talking mince of course !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan

API Only needs to be submitted on the Thomson website if you are flying with Thomson Airways, flights on other airlines will be collected at check in, this is normal and will not hold any body up as this is part of the normal check in process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i wouldn't worry about the Cruise Embarkation form, I don't think it's compulsory. They say it's so they recognise you as returning passengers. Well, they didn't recognise us despite filling in the form!

i wouldn't worry about the Cruise Embarkation form, I don't think it's compulsory. They say it's so they recognise you as returning passengers. Well, they didn't recognise us despite filling in the form!

Can´t be compulsory as we have never had one to complete!

Edited by campolady
Spelling!!!

As far as I can remember names of all on booking (which they already have!) and have you cruised with us before? (which they should know). I can't remember what else but it wasn't much. I've tried to go into the website to have a look but because I don't have another cruise booked I don't have a ref no. Maybe someone who has one could have a look.

This year is the first time I've had to do it. I think it was when I did the API.

I can't access my booking either and I think it IS because we are not flying with Thomson. We are flying with Germania. It does say that the API information will be obtained at check in. As for the other form, never had one. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone for your advice. I did eventually get it sorted out, and managed to do everything.

Just got back last night from our week on the Majesty. Flight delay coming home only was almost 4 and a half hours, but we were told this on the ship so were able to stay there and wait rather than all that time in Corfu airport :eek: We had a great time on the ship, really enjoyed the ports we visited apart from Kalamata, which for us it wasn't a particularly attractive location and the ship was only there until 1.30pm. All in all though, it was brilliant! Will do a review when I finish the washing ( which will no doubt take ages now we've got all that rain :( ) and stop swaying. Cheers

Thanks everyone for your advice. I did eventually get it sorted out, and managed to do everything.

Just got back last night from our week on the Majesty. Flight delay coming home only was almost 4 and a half hours, but we were told this on the ship so were able to stay there and wait rather than all that time in Corfu airport :eek: We had a great time on the ship, really enjoyed the ports we visited apart from Kalamata, which for us it wasn't a particularly attractive location and the ship was only there until 1.30pm. All in all though, it was brilliant! Will do a review when I finish the washing ( which will no doubt take ages now we've got all that rain :( ) and stop swaying. Cheers

Nice to hear you've had a good time onboard Majesty. And good that you managed to stay on the ship for your delay instead of Corfu Airport.

Trish - try calling Thomsons cruise centre on 0203 451 2682.

Thanks for this number, WCM.

I needed to use it today because I couldn't log in to My Thomson or Manage My Booking today.

I spoke to a lovely girl at the cruise centre who told that you can't get into either if you are going on a cruise but can only log in via API.

I don't know if this is a temporary situation because I definitely either used "My Thomson" or "Manage My Booking" for our last cruise.

I am just as confused as ever :confused:

Edited by Little Nell

I was having trouble getting in to print tickets. Tried both numbers and failed, API didn't accept me and neither did my Thomson or manage my booking (why so many places!!).

I had booked at a Thomson travel agent, so called in and she said she couldn't print them even though I booked there as Thomson only send the email to the customer not the shop. It is being sorted by the email being forwarded to the shop so I can go in on Monday and she will print it off for me.

I was having trouble getting in to print tickets. Tried both numbers and failed, API didn't accept me and neither did my Thomson or manage my booking (why so many places!!).

I had booked at a Thomson travel agent, so called in and she said she couldn't print them even though I booked there as Thomson only send the email to the customer not the shop. It is being sorted by the email being forwarded to the shop so I can go in on Monday and she will print it off for me.

I only wanted to change my e mail address as it is too soon for me to do anything else but I couldn't even do that.

I did discover today, however that my T/A hasn't put any e mail on our booking :eek: confirming I was right to move to B Travel for our future cruises.

I haven't had my etickets yet :( I called in the TA yesterday and she said I should get it this week, but if not to call in again next week.

So we still have to print our tickets even if we have to pay £25 more now :rolleyes:

I booked my Amsterdam mini cruise through CruiseDeals and it was a shop in South Wales. The TA there asked if I wanted my tickets sent through the post or emailing. I said through post and she said that she would organise that and that I would also get an emailed ticket. Shall wait to see what happens.

On Friday, much to my embarrassment, I got a phone call from my local Thomson office (where I usually book) asking if I had got the tickets. I said that I had not booked that cruise with them but she said it was on their system!! :eek: As I had booked with a TA out of my area, they would like to offer any help I needed.

Oh, and yes Linda, I was told I would have to print off my own tickets for Sept cruise, booked with local TA, because they had found they were spending all their time and toner printing off people's tickets.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this number, WCM.

I needed to use it today because I couldn't log in to My Thomson or Manage My Booking today.

I spoke to a lovely girl at the cruise centre who told that you can't get into either if you are going on a cruise but can only log in via API.

I don't know if this is a temporary situation because I definitely either used "My Thomson" or "Manage My Booking" for our last cruise.

I am just as confused as ever :confused:

Classic case of the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing!

Use this link:

https://my.thomson.co.uk/Login.aspx

and enter your surname, date of departure, and for the booking ref. It wouldn't let me use the booking reference on our email, which for example was 12345/6789123

so, I entered 2020 in the first box and then the first 5 digits (the ones before the '/') so 2020/12345 and it let me in to my booking!

Hope this helps.

Edited by BaggersCruising

We've never had a cruise embarkation form either - to the best of my knowledge - what is asked ?

Well, I did one online to complete since the above - it's nothing but an administrative exercise to ensure Thomsons have your correct email address etc. for future marketing.

Nowt to do with embarkation on a cruise.

I booked my Amsterdam mini cruise through CruiseDeals and it was a shop in South Wales. The TA there asked if I wanted my tickets sent through the post or emailing. I said through post and she said that she would organise that and that I would also get an emailed ticket. Shall wait to see what happens.

On Friday, much to my embarrassment, I got a phone call from my local Thomson office (where I usually book) asking if I had got the tickets. I said that I had not booked that cruise with them but she said it was on their system!! :eek: As I had booked with a TA out of my area, they would like to offer any help I needed.

Oh, and yes Linda, I was told I would have to print off my own tickets for Sept cruise, booked with local TA, because they had found they were spending all their time and toner printing off people's tickets.

Update: My already printed tickets for Amsterdam cruise (booked through CDeals and quite a bit cheaper than quoted for in Thomson shop), have arrived by post ......all 7 pages of it. Thank you CDeals. :)

I also received my e-tickets for Dream cruise (via e-mail) today. Booked this one at local Thomson shop. Have to print them myself but only printed first 2 pages as the rest of the pages are not needed. At least I hope not.

Who gave the best service? And with CD it was a free phone call (for me) and was done in the comfort of my own home, with no petrol or car parking charges.😊

I didn't know anything about these Cruise Embarcation forms. I was given a link on fb and duly clicked on it. I put in my booking number and found they had my email address wrong. They had missed out the numbers in it. Now as you know I still don't have my e-tickets for Fire & Ice, so I emailed them and gave them the correct address and queried whether this was why I had not yet recieved my tickets.

This is the response:-

Thank you for contacting Thomson and Island Cruises. I have corrected your email and resent your tickets. If the embarkation form does not allow you to complete please check in as normal at the port as the form does not always work.

So had they already sent my tickets to the wrong email address and who got them?:eek:

Also if the form does not always work, what is the point of it?

Also, if they have resent them to the correct email address, why have I still not got them :confused:

Incidentally, I have checked with the local TA, where I booked, and they assured me they had the correct email address, so if they had it why did TUI not have it?

Thomson sure work in a mysterious way :rolleyes:

Classic case of the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing!

Use this link:

https://my.thomson.co.uk/Login.aspx

and enter your surname, date of departure, and for the booking ref. It wouldn't let me use the booking reference on our email, which for example was 12345/6789123

so, I entered 2020 in the first box and then the first 5 digits (the ones before the '/') so 2020/12345 and it let me in to my booking!

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Baggers. I tried it and it didn't work.

I should have posted earlier but I haven't been on much lately......too busy :D

I spoke to my TA last week and she told me that because I cancelled the Trans Atlantic in April and used the deposit for another cruise, the system has locked me out and I won't be able to access My Thomson at all for this holiday. I will be able to enter the API section where I will be able to select our seats.

I suggested that since Thomson are aware of this glitch, could someone manually input our details but no, this can't be done.

I honestly get exasperated with Thomson at times.