Age and solo crusing

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:41 AM.
Cork
890 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
I was 33 when I went on my first solo cruise. But I had been travelling solo for many years before that. I did around the world trip when I was 26. 😀

I feel travelling solo really builds your confidence as you are reliant on yourself. Also you can be totally selfish, do what you want, when you want as nd where you want with out any negotiations 😀

Because cruising is so expensive I now travel with a DA, but I still do my land based holidays solo 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

02-07-2015 Norwegian Getaway
10-04-2014 Norwegian Jade
08-10-2013 Crown Princess
Atlanta GA
114 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
I went on my first cruise for my 50th birthday in 2015 and went solo. I will be 52 in September and will be sailing solo again to celebrate. I could not have had a better first cruise. I did meet a lot of people through my roll call. I have been on eight cruises and five of them have been solo. I have sailed solo on NCL, Royal and Carnival. I think NCL has the best activities and gatherings for solo cruisers, some of their ships have studio cabins so you don't have to pay the double supplement when you're in a cabin by yourself. Royal does give you double points when you go solo. When you sail solo you can do what you want when you want. I discovered cruising later in life and now I am addicted. I would not let not having anyone to go with stop you from cruising.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RC Freedom of the Seas 12-10-2016
RC Empress of the Seas 10-15-2016
Carnival Glory 9-10-2016
RC Freedom of the Seas 6-5-2016
NCL Escape 4-16-2016
Carnival Fantasy 2-22-2016
Carnival Conquest 10-12-2015
NCL Getaway 9-12-2015 First cruise....the one that started my addiction.