Captain, Hotel, Cruise Director - 2017 Schedule

shutterbug29

• 1 month later...
The 2017 Senior Officer schedule has been finalized! Now they just need to format and publish it.

As soon as it is up on the website I'll attach the link here (if one of you doesn't see it before me!)

Thanks Bonnie. Always nice to know we can count on you for a reply to our questions.:)

Bonnie - the end of 2017 is very close to the start of Azamara's first World Journey. From the schedule and the standard rotation I conclude that most of the senior Officers will change during the World Journey. That feels odd. Isn't Azamara going to give special consideration to the World Journey by having the same on board team make the whole 3.5 month trip with the guests? It makes sense to me to start and finish such a great adventure with the same people - guests and Officers. Shared experiences!

Bonnie - the end of 2017 is very close to the start of Azamara's first World Journey. From the schedule and the standard rotation I conclude that most of the senior Officers will change during the World Journey. That feels odd. Isn't Azamara going to give special consideration to the World Journey by having the same on board team make the whole 3.5 month trip with the guests? It makes sense to me to start and finish such a great adventure with the same people - guests and Officers. Shared experiences!

Not everyone on these cruises though are on the whole world cruise. You are going to have to get used to different guests coming on board every other week or so.

Given how good the Azamara officers are I do not think it is going to make much difference if there was a changeover mid cruise.

Not everyone on these cruises though are on the whole world cruise. You are going to have to get used to different guests coming on board every other week or so.

Given how good the Azamara officers are I do not think it is going to make much difference if there was a changeover mid cruise.

Agreed - we are on a part of the world cruise and will be two of the guests that are only appearing for the Brunei, Borneo, Vietnam and Thailand section - really looking forward to it as we were due to do this earlier this year but the cruise on the Quest was cancelled for the dry dock, so we did LA to Miami instead .(on the Journey which was fantastic):)

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post apart from starting an unnecessary debate? I know some guests will change after each segment. I think all Azamara officers are excellent; I wouldn't have booked the World Journey otherwise. All I was doing was asking Bonnie if any consideration is being given to the World Journey as *in my opinion* it would be a very nice touch if guests who are on board for 3.5 months can share that amazing experience with not only other full World Journey guests at the many special events that are taking place, but also with the same Officers. Starting and finishing together, sharing all experiences, stories and memories makes a trip like this extra special.

Edited by florisdekort

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post apart from starting an unnecessary debate? I know some guests will change after each segment. I think all Azamara officers are excellent; I wouldn't have booked the World Journey otherwise. All I was doing was asking Bonnie if any consideration is being given to the World Journey as *in my opinion* it would be a very nice touch if guests who are on board for 3.5 months can share that amazing experience with not only other full World Journey guests at the many special events that are taking place, but also with the same Officers. Starting and finishing together, sharing all experiences, stories and memories makes a trip like this extra special.

No intention of starting "unnecessary debate" You made a comment about wanting to start and finish with the same people and in your post in addition to officers, you referred to guests. The guest grouping will change regularly. That is all.

No intention of starting "unnecessary debate" You made a comment about wanting to start and finish with the same people and in your post in addition to officers, you referred to guests. The guest grouping will change regularly. That is all.

And I see no reason to make senior officers work beyond their contract terms in order to stay on for the whole trip. Big imposition, in my opinion.

Maybe I'm looking at this through rose-colored glasses, but I see it as an advantage to be able to meet multiple senior officers. It is a pretty well-accepted fact that they are all great and in my opinion (possibly worthless because I'm not on any portion of the World Cruise), I think it would add to the overall experience.

Florisdekort, as I understand [from eavesdropping on other departments] this is a topic under discussion. So your post is timely.

I will call their attention to the various comments on this thread for consideration.

As always, thanks to all of you who care enough to post your thoughts.

Bonnie

P.s. I'm envious of all who will be on the World Journey....even segments of it. I'll look forward to following along vicariously.

Florisdekort, as I understand [from eavesdropping on other departments] this is a topic under discussion. So your post is timely.

I will call their attention to the various comments on this thread for consideration.

As always, thanks to all of you who care enough to post your thoughts.

Bonnie

P.s. I'm envious of all who will be on the World Journey....even segments of it. I'll look forward to following along vicariously.

Thank you Bonnie. I'm happy either way and was just curious if this is something Azamara is thinking about. Looking forward to learning the outcome.

• 4 months later...

Re 2018 & the World Journey, I received the below email from Azamara:

"Sailing on the 2018 World Journey means you'll be spending 102 days exploring half the world and experiencing its wondrous opportunities. One of those opportunities will be onboard with you the entire journey. Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Heike Berdos, and Cruise Director Eric De Gray will join you on this amazing voyage from Sydney, Australia, to London, England. This will be a great time for you to get to know them and the rest of our staff and crew. You don't have to wait until 7-March, 2018; get started now with the officers' schedule for the World Journey."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Hoping Bonnie might be able to help. We're considering two cruises (b2b) for October 2017 on the Quest, when I view the Senior Officers schedule on both my iPad and my desktop computer there seems to be something wrong with the formatting for the entries for these cruises. It may be my devices (but unlikely seeing I've tried two different ones). Is someone able to check and correct and/or advise me if there's nothing wrong. Many thanks in advance.

PS am loving the posts about the LCV cruise on social media.....

Thanks Jenny

Hi

Hoping Bonnie might be able to help. We're considering two cruises (b2b) for October 2017 on the Quest, when I view the Senior Officers schedule on both my iPad and my desktop computer there seems to be something wrong with the formatting for the entries for these cruises. It may be my devices (but unlikely seeing I've tried two different ones). Is someone able to check and correct and/or advise me if there's nothing wrong. Many thanks in advance.

PS am loving the posts about the LCV cruise on social media.....

Thanks Jenny

Hi Jenny,

The web gurus know about the Quest's 2017 senior staff schedule. I had hoped they'd fix it yesterday but we may have to wait until Monday.

P.s. I'm enjoying reading about the LCV cruise as well!