Whisper connecting suites

UKCruiseJeff

I've been asked for advice but I have no first-hand experience so seeking help.

A friend has been offered a verandah suite that has a connecting door to the adjacent suite. All things being equal, are these suites likely to be any nosier from "next door" or problematic in any way? I believe it's 518.

Thanks in advance for experience or opinions.

No one else has answered, Jeff, and I haven't been in 518, but I was in 526 on the Shadow, a sister ship. I didn't have a door to 527, but I *did* notice that it looked like it was possible to have the partition between the verandas between 526 and 527 could be opened.

Are you sure your friend hasn't confused a possible opening veranda door, as opposed to an actual connecting cabin door? I only ask because of my own experience, and looking at the deck floor-plan it looks like the only time there is a connecting door between cabins is when one of them turns into a bedroom for a larger cabin. Not just a hotel-like connecting door between equivalent cabins.

516 and 518 are shown as connecting suites on the Whisper deck plan (as are 511 and 515). We were offered 518 for our first Silversea cruise. We turned it down in favour of 514 in case the connecting door meant that we could hear the neighbours, although we don't have any experience of connecting suites.

Thanks. Similar suites on SB have brought some adverse comments and so in the interests of caution a few more pounds spent and a different V2 suite selected. On one of our cruises we have been in 507 on Whisper and our recollection was that opposite 518 is a service and muster stair well and that I think might add to noise.