Explorer of the Seas questions

I know Explorer is going in for her referb/dry dock sometime this year (saw that on RC's site) but that is all I know about her (other than she is in the same class as Mariner which I have sailed on a few years back).

Does anyone know what new features she will be getting, restaurants & ? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

I know Explorer is going in for her referb/dry dock sometime this year (saw that on RC's site) but that is all I know about her (other than she is in the same class as Mariner which I have sailed on a few years back).

Does anyone know what new features she will be getting, restaurants & ? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Explorer is finished with her dry dock. She got a Flowrider, Izumi, Chops, and Giovanni's Table.

Oh they crammed in 88 new rooms raising capacity to 3288 I believe so don't be suprised to find nowhere to sit when you go to the Windjammer... Yes you do have to go there for lunch as the main dining rooms aren't open for lunch. If you take breakfast in the main Sapphire dining room you will be forced to sit where you are told and then you have to go help yourself to a very limited buffet, it's much the same food as the Windjammer only with less choice. My wife and I could not find a seat in any bar for the first three nights. Too many people and not enough seats makes for very unhappy cruisers, we won't trust RCL with our money ever again.... Cruised from Southampton 24th April...... And never will cruise with them again!

Oh they crammed in 88 new rooms raising capacity to 3288 I believe so don't be suprised to find nowhere to sit when you go to the Windjammer... Yes you do have to go there for lunch as the main dining rooms aren't open for lunch. If you take breakfast in the main Sapphire dining room you will be forced to sit where you are told and then you have to go help yourself to a very limited buffet, it's much the same food as the Windjammer only with less choice. My wife and I could not find a seat in any bar for the first three nights. Too many people and not enough seats makes for very unhappy cruisers, we won't trust RCL with our money ever again.... Cruised from Southampton 24th April...... And never will cruise with them again!

Are you saying that there was no menu to order from in the MDR at breakfast?

That is correct there was no menu card for breakfast, it was a buffet, a very poor buffet to which you helped yourself. After that farce we always ate in the Windjammer but it gets very busy so we had to get in early , around 0815 to make sure we got seats and then went back to bed! You really should not have to do that on a £3000 holiday!

Very surprising there was no breakfast menu in the MDR. We've gone on 3 Explorer cruises recently, and there was a breakfast menu in the MDR every morning.

Sure wasn't on 24th April cruise out of Southampton... And I thought the breakfasts were hugely disappointing....same old same old every day. We did get smoked salmon......fragments in scrambled eggs a few days, needed a microscope to find them though. I am going back to NCL!

I'm just back from Explorer. The ship was apparently full although didn't feel busy. Can have breakfast in MDR Sapphire Deck 3 which is buffet, MDR Sapphire Deck 4 or 5 (can't remember!) is A La Carte (menu to choose from) or Windjammer. Lunch is available in MDR on sea days. There aren't many tables for 2 so you'd probably have to share.

Bars didn't seem busy in the evenings.

Thought staff were plugging the specialty restaurants too much!

That is correct there was no menu card for breakfast, it was a buffet, a very poor buffet to which you helped yourself. After that farce we always ate in the Windjammer but it gets very busy so we had to get in early , around 0815 to make sure we got seats and then went back to bed! You really should not have to do that on a £3000 holiday!

Very surprising there was no breakfast menu in the MDR. We've gone on 3 Explorer cruises recently, and there was a breakfast menu in the MDR every morning.

There WAS a breakfast menu to order if you wanted it.

MDR deck 3 was buffet, MDR deck 5 was A La Carte (menu to choose from)

Sure wasn't on 24th April cruise out of Southampton... And I thought the breakfasts were hugely disappointing....same old same old every day. We did get smoked salmon......fragments in scrambled eggs a few days, needed a microscope to find them though. I am going back to NCL!

Bye !!:)