Do you like the western Islands like mexico Honduras Belize

sweets2323

Seems like mix views with Roatan.. Policemen with rifles.. Belize has a long tender ride..

Roatan has great snorkeling. Every Central and South American country's police force carry automatic weopons. Just standard practice. Yes Belize has a long tender ride but it goes by fairly quickly and you can meet new people and chat about day or what you'll be doing . Costa Maya has been my fav port, used to be a quaint little fishing village frequented by a few divers, but it's starting to get a bit overgrown with tourista stuff.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

How long was the Travel time to Steve? Was it a windy hilly road?

No, it is a flat and even road (the whole area there is flat scrub lands). Takes about 10 minutes by cheap

taxi ride.

Steve is great, and have been to his place (Tropicante) many times, in fact just emailed him yesterday

to make a reservation for a couple of lounge chairs in December. We spend the whole day there. Always

great service, good food and drinks, and not expensive.

I've been to Cozumel 8 times now and it's one of the ports that I never mind going back to. There's a lot to do and many of the things I've done multiple times (Paradise Beach, Mayan Ruins Beach Break).

I wasn't too impressed with Costa Maya, but I didn't go anywhere than the port area. Going back in January so I'll have to explore some more.

Rotan I've liked, especially the tour with Victor Boden. Belize has never lived up to my expectations, although the last time there I had some emergency eye surgery there (partially detached retina) which was performed very well. Needless to say, I didn't see much of the port that day.

Did you like cozumel, Roatan. Honduras and Puerto Costa Maya? I'm so use to the eastern Caribbean. I would love your feed back:hearteyes:

I've only been on NCL and carnival and I want to finally travel on the RcL Oasis line.

While Roatan is an island, Costa Maya and Cozumel are not. That aside, I went to all three via the Liberty of the Seas. Here is a link to my review which includes several photographs ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2364155

We did this on our first cruise on RCCL. We went on the Rhapsody of the Seas and really enjoyed the smaller boat and all of the ports above.

Roatan was a lovely beach day with around a five minute boat ride over to Maya Key through the cruise ship. This small island is build for cruisers with a small zoo and lovely beach all around. It had fake ruins and our lunch was included. It is run by the same group who owns Anthony Keys dive resort (one of the best dive resorts in Honduras). So everything was very high quality. Pretty sure you could dive for the day from the cruise ship here as well. That group got on the boat the trip before us, our trips was mostly at our own leisure.

We really enjoyed the tender in Belize, we thought that it added to the experience of our first cruise. Nothing like packing onto a catamaran and watching the ocean breeze by at 8am in the morning. It sure wakes you up! We went cave tubing there and I'm not exactly sure we will ever cave tube again.. just one of those things we check marked off and were done with. It was quite a long ride to the caves, about an hour, which we were told was half way across the whole country! The port had nice shopping and cheap beer and food once we were back.

In Costa Maya we did the Maya Chan resort which is cruiser only resort. A lot of people above us posted about it and it is, or was, the number 1 rated thing to do in the Costa Maya area on trip advisor. We loved the area, it is a 100% natural beach, so don't expect it to be the amazing picture like beach you may find other parts of Mexico. It is family owned and operated. You will absolutely love the entire time you spend their. If Bruno still works their, tell him we said hi! This is an all inclusive day.

In Cozumel we did nachi cocom, another all inclusive beach resort like Costa Maya, however, we got food poisoning or something here. We ended up leaving at 2:00pm to go back to the ship and both of us had to use the restroom. Great resort with great reviews. Something just didn't sit well that day. We would like to try Cozumel again, and would like to spend more time in port with the lovely shops. We quickly grabbed what we wanted on the way back to the ship, but would love to look around more!

We loved this Itinerary. Cozumel is a huge port with many other ships there with you. In the other three stops, we were one of two ships in port each day. Made everything else like taxi's and getting around very simple.

Enjoy your cruise!

For Belize with RCL recommend the New River and Lamanai ruins tour thru' the ship, long day, interesting and fun. River run was in a boat with a pair of 200HP outboards, the gov't guides told him to "drive it like you stole it", and he did just that. When we got back they were holding the last tender for us:)

I'm getting really interested in the Mayan stuff:)