Tender Pier in Puerto Vallarta

RSVE821

Final e-docs indicate we will be tendering in PV for our particular NCL Star trip in Oct. :-( Where is the tender pier in PV? Do they tender to the cruise ship terminal or is there a tender pier downtown? Thanks.

When I was on the Oosterdam last January in PV, we tendered in to the cruise terminal. We docked pretty close to the other cruise ships including the NCL STAR which was on the pier that day.

It wasn't a problem.

One advantage of being the tender ship is that you'll be the first to exit port. That will give you more daylight to see that beautiful coastline.

Final e-docs indicate we will be tendering in PV for our particular NCL Star trip in Oct. :-( Where is the tender pier in PV? Do they tender to the cruise ship terminal or is there a tender pier downtown? Thanks.

The new expanded port does have three docks but the third (north end) is rarely used by cruise ships. This is how the ships should look when you are in port - - -

2318677640078358666S600x600Q85.jpg

You can see the tenders moving between the Star and the tender dock which is located astern the Carnival ship.

Enjoy!

• 5 months later...

Thanks so much everyone, and especially MSN Traveler for the picture (truly worth 1000 words for me on this one!). If things are set up like this when I tender from the N. Star at the end of this month, I should be able to make my excursion meeting time. How long would you say it takes to get from the ship to the tender pier once you have boarded the tender? Looks like a QUICK trip!

I was a bit worried, because when I was docked in PV on the Sapphire Princess a couple of years ago, the Star was anchored further away, as in this picture, taken from our ship that was docked at the Carnival ship's pier in MSN's photo 2772011740091019103S425x425Q85.jpg

Does the Star move back out of the marina area to anchor further away after most of the passengers are offloaded in the morning?

One of the other two ships in port is scheduled to leave PV at 5pm and we are there until 10pm. When this happened on a past cruise to Alaska, our ship docked at the vacated pier so that we did not have to tender for the return trip. Has anyone seen this happen in PV? (This is really just for curiosity's sake. My big question was about getting to my excursion meeting point on time!)

years ago, when the pier only held one ship, we saw the Star slide right into the small marina and start offloading. Seems it soon backed right out. Kind of an amazing sight to see the Star behave so much different that the other 2 cruise ships tendering (we were on the Oosterdam on the right, Star on the left)

IMG_1470.jpg

Archived