Oia taxi and bus question

can0711

I would like to know, in Oia is it easy to catch a taxi?

Also I don't understand from the previous thread, it seems like the bus driver for Oia will tell people the time to get back to Fira, but do we have to go to Fira by the time the driver tells us? Like is it a fixed hour or can we go take the previous or next bus? How does it work?

Thanks.

We were there in 2009, so it's been a few years, but I would say that I don't remember seeing many taxis. Also, the return buses got very crowded and we were concerned whether we were going to be able to get on board the bus.

Enjoy! It was SO spectacular, it was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We took a taxi to Oia last fall. We took the ventricular to the top and wandered into the town and asked where we could find a taxi. It took a bit but was worth the effort. We were first off the cruise and first to Oia. We had the place to ourselves for about 1 1/2 hours. It was magical. I believe it was a Sunday morning which might explain why it took a bit to find a cab. We had no problems catching a cab back to Fira.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone.

But how to get a ticket for the tendering boat? Any tips?

We lined up as early as possible. It was my bucket list and. Was not going to miss out! My cruise buddies were not as excited about this as I was but they followed my passion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

As soon as you get off the tender walk to the left. There are 2 companies. A few people had difficulty having to wait for a long time at the first one (we were there twice in Sept and October) and asked for their money back. So make sure the boat is there first.

Get the boat the Oia. As soon as you get there book the bus back. If you leave it the time you want may be full.

good luck.

• 1 month later...

Taxis were expensive. They wanted fifty euros an hour to take us around. I walked into a car rental and they took us for thirty Euros each up is Oia for an hour then down to the beach where we had lunch and sat on the beach for about two hours and they picked us back up and we shopped in Fira.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

Sayaguru, how early/late in October were you in Santorini? We will be there October 18, the only ship in port, and I'm concerned about boats still running 1--late in the season and 2--for only one ship. Any thoughts?