Regent Wants My Cabin.

Bfson

We are booked on the Aug 19th Alaska cruise on the Navigator. Got an e mail today asking us to move to a cruise on May 27, upgrading us to a suite and refunding $4000. Can't do it but wish I could.

What a shame you were not able to take advantage of their offer. We were recentlyu booked on 1 May from San Francisco to Vancouver when we accepted an offer for a 6 Sep Med cruise to include Penthouse A, 3500k, etc. Tough decision, but definitely worth it although I now owe The Boss an Alaskan cruise.

Z and TB

What a shame you were not able to take advantage of their offer. We were recentlyu booked on 1 May from San Francisco to Vancouver when we accepted an offer for a 6 Sep Med cruise to include Penthouse A, 3500k, etc. Tough decision, but definitely worth it although I now owe The Boss an Alaskan cruise.

Z and TB

We have done the San Francisco to Vancouver cruise twice and loved it. The only downside is the rough seas between San Francisco and Canada (as you probably read, it was particularly rough earlier this month). Anyway, have you looked at the Vancouver to Vancouver sailing in mid-May 2016? There are other CC'ers on that cruise (including us). This was a no-brainer for us since we can drive to the port in just over an hour.

I posted another comment on roll call but still waiting for some response. We are considering booking the 28 nt plus nt pre cruise safari on 21 Dec 2015 with Regent Voyager. I have read in the last two days some terrible reports being submitted about the deterioation of the quality of food, service, shore excursion on Regent since the takeover. This will be out 3rd cruise on Regent and the most expensive thus far. I am fearful I would be paying for 6 star cruise and receiving a product that might pale in comparison to previous Regent experiences. Are my concerns unfounded or valid?

I posted another comment on roll call but still waiting for some response. We are considering booking the 28 nt plus nt pre cruise safari on 21 Dec 2015 with Regent Voyager. I have read in the last two days some terrible reports being submitted about the deterioation of the quality of food, service, shore excursion on Regent since the takeover. This will be out 3rd cruise on Regent and the most expensive thus far. I am fearful I would be paying for 6 star cruise and receiving a product that might pale in comparison to previous Regent experiences. Are my concerns unfounded or valid?

Really think you should start a new thread for this subject as there are varying opinions. Nothing much has changed since Regent was purchased by Norwegian Cruise Holdings. Some entertainment from NCL is gradually replacing the entertainers that were on Regent -- first reports are that they are much better (it isn't difficult to be "much better" than what Regent and Oceania had).

No difference in food and service (note: just completed an 18 night cruise on the Mariner last month). There may be changes in excursions but I don't want to keep this thread off topic.

We have done the San Francisco to Vancouver cruise twice and loved it. The only downside is the rough seas between San Francisco and Canada (as you probably read, it was particularly rough earlier this month). Anyway, have you looked at the Vancouver to Vancouver sailing in mid-May 2016? There are other CC'ers on that cruise (including us). This was a no-brainer for us since we can drive to the port in just over an hour.

Yes we have. Unfortunately, I don't have the vacation time plus May is one of our busiest months at work. Would love to see the Pacific Northwest and Vancouver area since it's been about 20 years since I've visited. The Boss has been hinting at possibly doing a quick trip for our anniversary or birthdays. I do love the Rieslings produced in Washington State.

Z and TB

We just got back from Navigator earlier this month & after 9 cruises on Regent - we thought it was the best cruise we have taken.

In our recent experience your concerns are unfounded.

Yes, there are always some minor niggles with Regent but overall the Regent experience remains first class.