Cruise goody bags

goagain

Hi I'm taking a cruise with four other girlfriends and I want to make up goodie bags. For example I'm going to put in a small pack of tissues and explain they are going to be needed because we are going to laugh until we cry. I'm going to include the drink coupons from Carnival because we'll surely need them. Any other suggestions out there. Small items would be best. Things to send the theme of fun. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get eveyone's ideas.

How about a nice little lip balm pot? Lips always dry in the sea air and I always bring one! Maybe a small lotion as well? I always carry one of those too and sometimes, believe it or not, a small hand sanitizer....maybe that's not fun, but can be very useful :p!

I have made up these bags in the past and I included a waterproof dispos. camera, a highlighter for the daily sheets, a pad of post-its so you can leave messages for eachother and messages for your cabin steward, if needed. Also, maybe a little bottle of tylenol for the morning after your fun nights or a roll of antacids. These may not be fun but might really come in handy. Some cute earrings with martinis or margaritas on them might also be fun. Hope this inspires you. Have fun on your cruise

Sheryl

I did a goody bag for all traveling on our last cruise. I did Leis and fancy laynards, (did a search on google for the laynards) I included a journal and a fancy pen, Underwater Camera and also found somewhere not sure where a funship Freedy Color page and some crayons

Colorful flipflops

Small tubes of sunblock

gum/mints

individual packets of powdered laundry detergent for swimsuits/lingerie

little paper umbrella's to put in the foo-foo drinks you'll make in your cabin

"junk" beachy jewelry - tropical themed bracelets, earrings

a trashy "romance" novel - maybe find ones with cruise themed romances

more drink coupons <g>

Have a great cruise!

Post-it notes to leave messages, highlighters for the daily program, and those crystal light powders for the water bottle thingies. Not exactly fun related but very useful: a mini sewing kit with extra safety pins. Maybe an international calling card for a quick call home from a port.

While at it, here's one larger sized item that you may want to include anyway: those large insulated hot/cold mugs/containers (great for either more coffee in the morning or water/juices/sodas/drinks the rest of the day). Now I'm not exactly the creative type (I'm a guy. Give me football and I'll be quiet), but I bet you would all enjoy these more if you had something printed on them like the name, date, itinerary of the cruise plus all your names...

Enjoy your cruise!!!

I also make goody bags for when we travel, but it's for children (11-13 years). I put in there: Crossword puzzle and Find -A-Word puzzle books, pens, markers, crayons, kleenex, chapstick, snacks, small blank notepads, playing cards & UNO, stickers, hairbows,etc. I also put all the items in a gallon size Ziploc baggie & put their name on there with a black permanant marker (they have a space where you can label contents). :)

Lifesavers - just never know when you'll need one on a boat..;)

Door Hook - when you feel like hanging around for awhile...

Luggage tag ( there names inside) - don't want to loss them onboard...

Hope this helps....

Enjoy your cruise.

You need something to put all of this in!

I have a little tote bag that zips itself into a fist-sized ball. Not only that but it has a clip that can be hooked onto a belt. I always throw it into my day bag (or DH clips it to his belt) just in case we need another bag to carry stuff (more souvenirs; wet bathing suits). Just don't ask me where I bought it cuz I can't remember! Brookstone's? Eddie Bauer? A luggage store?

The other item that goes into my travel pack (or your goodie bags) is a water-tight container on a cord that goes around my neck for storing valuables (money, room card, credit-card) while on the beach or at the pool. I suggest an opaque one so that people can't see what is in it (mine is see-thru and I have since realized that was a mistake). You can use an acrylic paint pen to personalize them (name of ship and date of cruise??)

Also, thanks for the great idea! I'm going to start working on one for DH!! It will be just like doing it for my kids -- lots of stuff to keep him busy.

This is a great idea, thanks for posting goagain!

I'm taking my 3 dds on our first cruise in 9 days!!

Mine are 14, 12 and 10.

I think I'll make them goodie bags like mousetravel.

Stuff they can do on the flight to port.

Like the cards, crosswords, some "teen" magazines

Not to hijack your thread, but any other ideas for teen/tweens would be great too!:)

BZ

insulated mugs (with a closing lid) for all the foo foo drinks you'll be enjoying while on deck.

lanyards to keep your S&S card, when you're not using it to shop or pay for all the fun foo foo's.

Sunglasses or visors (can get the cheapy kind and decorate them goofy)

beach bags (you could even decorate the canvas kind, available at craft stores, for each friend)

A small ($5-$10) gift card to a book store to pick up some "trashy" beach novel/s.

Flip flops (there are fun ways to decorate these as well, and are easily found at craft stores) or slippers

Disposable rain ponchos (the little pocket sized ones at Wally World)...don't let a little weather spoil your fun!

Those mini rolls of TP, to use incase you're on a super fun excursion and there's no bathroom to be found (hey...that's adventurous! LOL)

A mini photo album (can also decorate the covers) to store all the fun pictures

earplugs (to drown out the snoring that sometimes comes with fun days in the sun + one too many foo foo's)

Disposable/waterproof cameras

Little change/cosmetic purses

I like the hand sanitizer, lip balm, antacids and matching earring ideas, too. :) Depending on how elaborate and/or expensive you want to go, you could always do tshirts for everyone, too. With a funny saying/picture on it, and "Girls Getaway x/x/2007" on it.

bzymama -- her are a few more ideas:

glitter pens and small notebooks or journals (good quality paper so it lasts) -- for doodling or for journaling-- other colored pens as well and a glue stick, some stickers maybe so that they can work on a travel journal

mechanical pencils and small pads of paper for keeping score and for those puzzle magazines (I don't travel without 3x5 cards because my husband is always looking for something to write notes on.)

I've seen in the toy section of my supermarket travel versions of some games like Connect Four and Yahtzee. Also, UNO

Instructions for a scavenger hunt that will take them the whole trip to complete. Each girl can have a slightly different list to complete.

Finally you can include an emergency kit in case someone gets separated from the family while on a shore excursion: should include girl's name, parents names, the name of the ship you are on (get a postcard of the ship), a phone number for the ship or for the port master and money for a cab. This can all go into a waterproof container and be worn around the neck. (Kids don't get separated very often but having the emergency kit (especially if there is a language barrier) is reassuring).

When my mom and five sisters wen on our cruise, I bought canvas bags at the local craft store and stenciled each one. I filled them with many of the things mention. I put an air freshner and mini flashlight.

ancldaca, I wouldn't put condoms in the goodie bags. We're all married. But I was thinking of a leis and saying it was the only one we would have until we get home!

Love it....I see where you could be going with this....the little gift and the idea or pun behind it...

you could include a rubber band and remind them that if you start to disagree you should try to be flexible

I knew I could find something:

SURVIVAL KITS

Have a student teacher or a secret pal? Give him/her this little survival kit. Place all items in a brown lunch bag along with this handout:

1. When it spills, wipe it (paper towel)

2. When it cries or sneezes, dry it (tissue)

3. When it bleeds bandage it (Band-Aid)

4. When it needs a hug and a kiss, give it (candy kiss)

5. When it rips, pin it (safety pin)

6. When it's sour, sweeten it (pack of sugar)

7. When it's wrong, erase it (eraser)

8. When it pounds, soothe it (aspirin)

9. When it hurts, grin and "bear" it (bear sticker)

10. When it's important, write it down (note pad sheet)

11. When it's a good day, chalk it up (piece of chalk)

12. When it's a bad day, ask God for strength and hope for a better day tomorrow (nothing is found in the survival kit for this need - it comes only from the heart and soul of the teacher).

13. When it's gossip, cut it out and dispose of it (word gossip on a sheet of paper with cutting dashes around it)

WELCOME BAGS

Place the items described below in a brown lunch bag and include this handout:

The items in this bag have special meaning:

The cotton ball is to remind you that this room is full of kind words and warm feelings.

The chocolate kiss is to comfort you when you are feeling sad.

The tissue is to remind you to help dry someone's tears.

The sticker is to remind you that we all stick together and help each other.

The star is to remind you to shine and always try your best.

The gold thread is to remind you that friendship ties our hearts together.

The rubber band is to remind you to hug someone.

The penny is to remind you that you are valuable and special.

The toothpick is to remind you to "pick out" the good qualities in your classmates.

The bandage is to heal hurt feelings in your friends and in yourself.

The eraser is to remind you that we all make mistakes, and that is O.K.

The life saver is to remind you that you can come to me if you need someone to talk to.

I posted this on the other goodie bag thread, but these Cruising Caddys are perfect, they are only $4.99 and fold up flat.

You can buy them on Ebay in multiples by clicking on "ask the seller a question". Just tell him how many you want and he will send an invoice for the correct amount. Do not click on the buy now option at $6.99

Archived