Enchantment of the Sea Questions

Hi,

We are booking our first cruise for June 2015. I have heard from others yiou may or may not be allowed to bring food/drink on the ship. Can anyone assist in this?

Also, traveling our of Port Canaveral. I have heared there is a cheaper parking lot? Anyone have insight to this?

Thanks in advance....we are very excited!

There are some offsite parking options that would require you to take a shuttle (and therefore have to also wait for one when you get back). I know one of them got busted a few years ago because workers were taking customer cars out for joy rides (you typically need to leave your keys when parking at many of the off site locations). Someone else can likely provide more details about reliable locations as I always just park at the port. For a 3 night cruise it would be $60 for onsite parking, and $75 if you are doing the 4 night.

As for food, the policy is:

"Guests may not bring on board any food items other than baby food and/or dry, nonperishable snack items (cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc)."

We are just off the Enchantment yesterday. I always take a 6 pack of bottled water with me and did this past weekend with no problem. I also seen many people with cases of waters as well. As for the parking, we park about 10 minutes offsite at the Park-N-Cruise and it is well worth the savings. Instead of port parking of $20.00 per day, we paid $7.99 per day! Google them and check for yourself. We use them every time and have never had any issues.

Off the Enchantment yesterday, as well. We considered the Park n Cruise, then went for the parking at the cruise terminal instead. We looooved seeing our car right from the ship- we were parked directly across the terminal door! We self-disembarked, left our cabin at 8:10, and had the key in the ignition at 8:40. The best $2.00 per minute we ever spent!:D

You are in for a treat, Enchantment is GREAT. I suggest Park Port Canaveral by the Radisson. We were going to use Park n Cruise but they keep you keys and park you car for you. At the Radisson park your own car and keep your keys. It is more expensive--only 4 cents more!!! Short shuttle ride to the port. We had no problems.

You will love Enchantment, she is pretty old but looks very young. Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have a review in my signature. We used off site parking (detailed in review with photos) we kept our keys, the shuttle was a very short ride and I remembered thinking "gee that the easiest 30 bucks I've ever saved"

My only caveat, is they give you a card, so when you disembark, call the number on the card so they start the shuttle run, it's expensive for them to "wait" inside the secure zone, so call them as you disembark, they will be there in 10 minutes. You get to the lot, take your keys out of your pocket and drive away.

I have a review in my signature. We used off site parking (detailed in review with photos) we kept our keys, the shuttle was a very short ride and I remembered thinking "gee that the easiest 30 bucks I've ever saved"

My only caveat, is they give you a card, so when you disembark, call the number on the card so they start the shuttle run, it's expensive for them to "wait" inside the secure zone, so call them as you disembark, they will be there in 10 minutes. You get to the lot, take your keys out of your pocket and drive away.

You used Park n Cruise. At the time you keep your keys and park your car. Now they park and keep. This is verified by the owner.

You used Park n Cruise. At the time you keep your keys and park your car. Now they park and keep. This is verified by the owner.

Thanks...I noticed they only list Valet Parking on the website now..but I thought it was because I booked so last minute...not sure I like them keeping my key...but will give it a shot...I've used them in the past & was happy with the service...

You are in for a treat, Enchantment is GREAT. I suggest Park Port Canaveral by the Radisson. We were going to use Park n Cruise but they keep you keys and park you car for you. At the Radisson park your own car and keep your keys. It is more expensive--only 4 cents more!!! Short shuttle ride to the port. We had no problems.

You will love Enchantment, she is pretty old but looks very young. Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I use to park there too...Until we came back from our cruise and there were 2 cars in the parking lot with busted windows. Its not a secure lot at the Radisson.

If you leave anything in your car of value at Park n Cruise(since they keep your keys), just snap a photo of it with your phone when you leave the car and keys with them. Or, dont leave things of value in the car.

Edited by Deptacon

Yeah, I use to park there too...Until we came back from our cruise and there were 2 cars in the parking lot with busted windows. Its not a secure lot at the Radisson.

If you leave anything in your car of value at Park n Cruise(since they keep your keys), just snap a photo of it with your phone when you leave the car and keys with them. Or, dont leave things of value in the car.

I'm assuming we're talking about this place: http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

They say they have 24 hour patrol and secured fence... is that new? Or is it a different place? I am planning on parking there for our 10/27 on the Enchantment.

Hi,

We are booking our first cruise for June 2015. I have heard from others yiou may or may not be allowed to bring food/drink on the ship. Can anyone assist in this?

Also, traveling our of Port Canaveral. I have heared there is a cheaper parking lot? Anyone have insight to this?

Thanks in advance....we are very excited!

We used Radisson Resort at the Port parking. Much better pricing than the cruise port and the driver of the shuttle dropped each passenger off at their respective cars and helped them load their luggage. There are two lots, one at the hotel and one across the street behind the convention center (I think?). We parked at the lot behind the convention center. The lot has a gate that was locked at night. It was wonderful service!

PS: We kept our own keys the entire time, so no joy ride funny business goes on!

Edited by smileyperry

I'm assuming we're talking about this place: http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

They say they have 24 hour patrol and secured fence... is that new? Or is it a different place? I am planning on parking there for our 10/27 on the Enchantment.

I have used both, For a short cruise I recommend the port lot. That being said I'm using http://www.parkportcanaveral.com for my January EX B2B.

Thanks...I noticed they only list Valet Parking on the website now..but I thought it was because I booked so last minute...not sure I like them keeping my key...but will give it a shot...I've used them in the past & was happy with the service...

We just used them this past weekend with the valet and keep your keys. They are still very good. Your car is waiting for you right outside their building when you get off the shuttle. They even had the back open so we could put the bag right in.

Edited by molly361

We used Radisson Resort at the Port parking. Much better pricing than the cruise port and the driver of the shuttle dropped each passenger off at their respective cars and helped them load their luggage. There are two lots, one at the hotel and one across the street behind the convention center (I think?). We parked at the lot behind the convention center. The lot has a gate that was locked at night. It was wonderful service!

PS: We kept our own keys the entire time, so no joy ride funny business goes on!

A gate? But is the area fenced? A gate keeps a car out but not people from breaking into the cars.

When I was there a little over a year ago it was a lot...simple parking lot. No fence. and 2 cars were busted into when we got off the shuttle. I am sure it is fine...i mean u leave belongings out when leaving your car honestly its your own fault....

A gate? But is the area fenced? A gate keeps a car out but not people from breaking into the cars.

When I was there a little over a year ago it was a lot...simple parking lot. No fence. and 2 cars were busted into when we got off the shuttle. I am sure it is fine...i mean u leave belongings out when leaving your car honestly its your own fault....

Yes, anyone can hop a fence or a gate. I felt more comfortable leaving my car there, in town, versus park n cruise which is located on the side of a highway in a warehouse type area. To each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off Enchantment.

We brought a loose 12 pack of water and a few Gatorade in a carry on suit case. No problem. we purchased the soda package which included flavored Dasani water. Not sure about parking. We had just finished a Disney vacation therefore we opted to rent a car to drive to the port. You are going to love the cruise. It was our first and we did an open booking before we got off the ship.

We just used them this past weekend with the valet and keep your keys. They are still very good. Your car is waiting for you right outside their building when you get off the shuttle. They even had the back open so we could put the bag right in.

Thanks...glad to hear that!