Advice please for booking Sao Paulo - Rio flight

Miss Jolly

Arriving back into Santos on Splendour of the Seas at 8:30am Sunday March 9, 2014. Royal Caribbean are saying not to book a flight out of Sao Paulo to Rio before 4:30pm. Has anyone the experience please to be able to say if this is good advice or a waste of a day as we would rather be in Rio then waiting around at an airport. We are happy to organise our own transport to CGH airport if it means that we will be more time efficient. Thank you.:)

Arriving back into Santos on Splendour of the Seas at 8:30am Sunday March 9, 2014. Royal Caribbean are saying not to book a flight out of Sao Paulo to Rio before 4:30pm. Has anyone the experience please to be able to say if this is good advice or a waste of a day as we would rather be in Rio then waiting around at an airport. We are happy to organise our own transport to CGH airport if it means that we will be more time efficient. Thank you.:)

This is just my personal opinion: I would follow Royal Caribbean advice just to be relaxed with time issues. Also, if you arrive in the airport before, there is a possibility to change the flight directly with the flight company (I've done this a lot of times). There are lots of CGH - Rio flights and they are not always full so sometimes they offer you to take and earlier flight when they see you checkin in for a late flight or you can go there and ask too :)

Would I need to have booked the more expensive flight to be able to change flights? I would normally accept and follow such advice from the Cruise line but it just seems like a huge amount of time. I have two reasons for not wanting to have to hang around the airport for ages unnecessarily: I have health issues that could make this very difficult and if I am feeling well, we could be using this time at the other end in Rio.

Would I need to have booked the more expensive flight to be able to change flights? I would normally accept and follow such advice from the Cruise line but it just seems like a huge amount of time. I have two reasons for not wanting to have to hang around the airport for ages unnecessarily: I have health issues that could make this very difficult and if I am feeling well, we could be using this time at the other end in Rio.

Which company are you flying? There is a " flexible fare that allows you to do that! Even you have already booked I think you can upgrade it

For bus company and especially pvt car info see this link:

http://forum.virtualtourist.com/Santos-1502112-5-3584275/Santos-to-Sao-Paulo-Airport.html

Many more buses to the international airport (Guarulhos - 2 hours) on a Sunday . Here's typical schedule for later this month.

https://vendas.viacaocometa.com.br/cgi-bin/br5.cgi

If flying out of the downtown airport, Congonhas (1.3 hours) you probably need to take bus to SP terminal and cab it to airport because morning departures from Santos appear to be sparse, but call.

What a compliment for you to have validated my info by linking to my post!

Thanks ever so much.

Hope it will help the poster.

Edited by VidaNaPraia